Trump's backyard caught fire! More than 80 industry associations in the United States have launched and launched an anti-trade war2018-09-13 20:25:17 25 ℃
According to the United States, the Associated Press, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, etc. According to mainstream media reports, on the 12th, more than 80 industry associations in the United States jointly announced that they would form a coalition called "Americans for Free trade" to launch a multi-million dollar, The anti-tariff movement, known as the Tariffs Hurt the Heartland, preached the negative impact of tariffs on US companies and the benefits of international trade for the US economy, and opposed President Trump's trade war.
This newly formed alliance covers almost every aspect of the US economy, including toy manufacturers, fashion designers, grocers, whiskey distillery, oil industry, etc. Thousands of American workers who may be affected by trade wars.
The Alliance will target the Republican Party members in five US states, which are the five key states in the Trump camp - Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, In Indiana and Tennessee, these states helped Trump win the US presidential election in 2016. The coalition hopes to push lawmakers in these states to put pressure on the president to persuade Trump to abandon the imposition of tariffs (especially on tariffs imposed on China). They also plan to expand their campaigns to 12 states by the end of the year.
Matthew Shay, a member of the Alliance and president of the National Retail Federation, said: "In the trade war, every area of the US economy Both will suffer losses." "Because of the tit-for-tat tariffs, American families, businesses, farmers and workers are threatened by unemployment and rising prices, and their risks are no higher." He said: "We didn't want to do this. But there is no indication that the negotiations have progressed or the situation has eased. I just heard more rhetoric about increasing tariffs, which is not good for the economy."
It is reported that this The campaign will be held in various congressional districts in the United States, and business owners, workers, and farmers will publicly demonstrate how tariffs can cause direct losses to them. In addition, the Alliance will advertise on television, radio and the Internet, establish a rapid response "war room" to verify and respond to tariff announcements, launch a digital media campaign to explain the economic hazards of tariffs, and write column and blog arguments. How do Americans bear the impact of tariffs.
At the same time, the Alliance is also reaching out to key members of the US Congress. They wrote to the US House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan and the House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday: "Although we agree that there are indeed some problems to be solved with the major trading countries, but Tariffs are the wrong means and do not bring meaningful changes."
Many celebrities are involved, including some close to the government and anti-Trump tendencies People. There are also some well-known companies or groups that are members of the alliance that support the campaign, such as Exxon Mobil, Microsoft, Google, Apple, Chevron, Target, Car Zone, Amazon, Macy's, Wal-Mart, IBM, Facebook, Mattel, Hasbro, Barnes & Noble Bookstore...
Guess you like
- 2018-11-12Trump canceled the tribute to the martyrs because of the light rain, the Americans were angry to post a photo of Putin
- 2018-11-09Five "poisonous" gathering! "Taiwan independence" elements engaged in gatherings, these people have invited
- 2018-11-08Michael Jackson became the most profitable and deceased celebrity in Forbes, with a self-portrait value of 1.35 million yuan.
- 2018-10-31The most ungrateful country, since the decline of Chinese tourists, began to drive Chinese employees
- 2018-10-31China takes over the presidency of the Security Council in November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed the working arrangements
- 2018-10-31US officials accuse China of plundering Latin America
- 2018-10-29Trump’s statement on the shooting was astounding! Gunner information exposure
- 2018-10-23Turkey is arguing again: After the reporter was killed, Saudit worked as a substitute.
- 2018-09-28Trump accuses China of damaging its political status.
- 2018-09-28US media issued a copy of Trump: The tariff you impose is that Americans are paying instead of Chinese!
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.
- The US-Mexico border staged a relaxing moment: immigrants sit on the border wall and talk to the US military
- How was the Saudi reporter killed? Turkey shares creepy recordings with many countries
- NATO just wrecked after the exercise, Russian joke: Is this also deterring me?
- Putin and Trump Paris meeting cancelled
- Allies made a terrible casualty when they opened fire on the US military. The situation deteriorated extremely. The United States fell into a quagmire.
- Comprehensive sanctions against Iraq, the United States officially announced! Exempting 8 countries, Trump wants "subtle balance"
- "I am self-sufficient!" Japan apologizes after the release of the kidnapped journalist in Syria
- Palace: Ukraine should immediately release the arrested journalist Vysinsky
- Trump shows again? But Japan does not buy it! Just because of the loss of China, the United States is looking for a "replacement"