Hit someone else! Ford CEO: Trump let us lose $1 billion2018-09-28 00:25:30 125 ℃
According to a Wall Street report on September 27th, the Ford CEO joined the army that denounced Trump's tariff policy. In an interview, the company said that the tariff policy has caused the company's $1 billion loss.
On Wednesday, in an interview with Bloomberg, Ford CEO James Hackett said that the trade war provoked by Trump harmed the company's interests, especially the tariff on metals that caused Ford to lose $1 billion in profits.
Seeing from Wall Street
"From Ford's point of view, metal tariffs cost us Nearly $1 billion in profits. The irony is that the United States is now the source of most of our profits. If the trade war continues, it will cause even more damage.” It also warned that domestic commodity prices may rise due to tariffs. .
In response to the impact of trade wars on US agriculture, the Trump administration has developed a $12 billion short-term stimulus plan for negatively affected farmers.
The Global Automobile Manufacturers Association, which represents major foreign automakers, warned that the costs of tariffs will eventually be passed on to consumers. "The biggest threat facing the US auto industry today is the US government. Tariffs may be imposed on imported products related to the survey." "These tariffs will increase the price of American consumers, limit their choices, and curb the sale and production of American cars."
After President Trump ordered a survey in May to levy a 25% tariff on parts imported from the EU, the auto industry is still waiting to see if there will be a new round of tariffs. Article 232 of the US Trade Expansion Act basically allows the president to adjust imports by imposing tariffs, "if imports threaten national security."
Analytical data company IHS Markit said that this additional tariff will have a profound impact. According to them, this could cause dealers across the United States to lose about 300,000 car-related jobs. The EU has threatened to pay $300 billion in retaliation for this tariff.
- In the previous：Chinese female tourist Thailand is “murdered”, Malaysian male colleague is suspect
- The next article：Mahathir criticized Trump for his image!
Guess you like
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.