British media: Sri Lankan speaker said the president engaged in a "no violence" coup2018-11-08 00:25:00 19 ℃
Reference News Network reported on November 8 British media said that Sri Lankan Speaker Jaya Surya said that the president’s dismissal of the prime minister and the appointment of a former president as prime minister are not Violent coup.
According to Reuters reported on November 6, Jaya Surya is a key figure in the country’s political deadlock since October 26. President Sirisena dismissed Prime Minister Wickler Masinha on the same day and announced that former President Rajapaksa was appointed as the new prime minister.
Jaya Surya said in a letter to the diplomatic corps on November 5 that "the entire series of events can only be called a coup, although there are no tanks and guns."
He added, "The whole incident is pre-planned."
The report stated that Wickler Masingha had refused to move out of the prime minister’s residence and insisted that he would still be the prime minister unless the parliament voted to remove him.
Sirisena has ordered the suspension of parliamentary activities. Opponents of Rajapaksa said the move was to prevent the parliament from voting to reject him as prime minister.
Guess you like
- 2018-11-12Trump canceled the tribute to the martyrs because of the light rain, the Americans were angry to post a photo of Putin
- 2018-11-09Five "poisonous" gathering! "Taiwan independence" elements engaged in gatherings, these people have invited
- 2018-11-08Michael Jackson became the most profitable and deceased celebrity in Forbes, with a self-portrait value of 1.35 million yuan.
- 2018-10-31The most ungrateful country, since the decline of Chinese tourists, began to drive Chinese employees
- 2018-10-31China takes over the presidency of the Security Council in November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed the working arrangements
- 2018-10-31US officials accuse China of plundering Latin America
- 2018-10-29Trump’s statement on the shooting was astounding! Gunner information exposure
- 2018-10-23Turkey is arguing again: After the reporter was killed, Saudit worked as a substitute.
- 2018-09-28Trump accuses China of damaging its political status.
- 2018-09-28US media issued a copy of Trump: The tariff you impose is that Americans are paying instead of Chinese!
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.
- The US-Mexico border staged a relaxing moment: immigrants sit on the border wall and talk to the US military
- How was the Saudi reporter killed? Turkey shares creepy recordings with many countries
- NATO just wrecked after the exercise, Russian joke: Is this also deterring me?
- Putin and Trump Paris meeting cancelled
- Allies made a terrible casualty when they opened fire on the US military. The situation deteriorated extremely. The United States fell into a quagmire.
- Comprehensive sanctions against Iraq, the United States officially announced! Exempting 8 countries, Trump wants "subtle balance"
- "I am self-sufficient!" Japan apologizes after the release of the kidnapped journalist in Syria
- Palace: Ukraine should immediately release the arrested journalist Vysinsky
- Trump shows again? But Japan does not buy it! Just because of the loss of China, the United States is looking for a "replacement"