British media: Sri Lankan speaker said the president engaged in a "no violence" coup2018-11-08 00:25:00 49 ℃
Reference News Network reported on November 8 British media said that Sri Lankan Speaker Jaya Surya said that the president’s dismissal of the prime minister and the appointment of a former president as prime minister are not Violent coup.
According to Reuters reported on November 6, Jaya Surya is a key figure in the country’s political deadlock since October 26. President Sirisena dismissed Prime Minister Wickler Masinha on the same day and announced that former President Rajapaksa was appointed as the new prime minister.
Jaya Surya said in a letter to the diplomatic corps on November 5 that "the entire series of events can only be called a coup, although there are no tanks and guns."
He added, "The whole incident is pre-planned."
The report stated that Wickler Masingha had refused to move out of the prime minister’s residence and insisted that he would still be the prime minister unless the parliament voted to remove him.
Sirisena has ordered the suspension of parliamentary activities. Opponents of Rajapaksa said the move was to prevent the parliament from voting to reject him as prime minister.
Guess you like
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- 2018-12-02[International Sharp Review] The first US dollar is the trade friction and the brakes. Mutual benefit and win-win must still be opposite.
- 2018-11-28Russian weapons detained on Ukrainian ships loaded with weapons and ammunition
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.