Ren Zhengfei’s daughter Meng Xizhou was arrested in Canada, and the Chinese demanded immediate release.2018-12-06 20:25:24 35 ℃
The Chinese side has made solemn representations to the United States and Canada, asking them to immediately correct the wrong practices and restore Ms. Meng’s personal freedom.
Comprehensive Editing | Wu Zhaohan
According to Canada's "Global Mail" reported on December 5, Canada has arrested Huawei's chief financial officer Meng Xizhou.
Meng Xingzhou is the daughter of Huawei’s founder Ren Zhengfei and also serves as the vice chairman of Huawei’s board of directors.
This morning, Huawei responded that:
In the near future, our company’s CFO Ms. Meng Zhouzhou was temporarily detained by the Canadian authorities on behalf of the US government when she was transferred to Canada. Seeking extradition of Ms. Meng Xizhou, facing unspecified allegations in the Eastern District of New York.
There is very little information about Huawei’s specific allegations. Huawei is not aware of any misconduct by Ms. Meng. The company believes that the legal systems of Canada and the United States will eventually give a fair conclusion.
Huawei complies with all applicable laws and regulations in the countries in which it operates, including export control and sanctions laws and regulations applicable to the United Nations, the United States, and the European Union.
On December 6, a spokesman for the Canadian Embassy in Canada asked to talk about the arrest of Chinese citizens in Canada:
Canadian police arrested a US request Chinese citizens who have not violated any US and Canadian laws have expressed their firm opposition and strong protest against this serious violation of human rights. The Chinese side has made solemn representations to the United States and Canada, demanding that they immediately correct the wrong practices and restore the personal freedom of Ms. Meng. We will pay close attention to developments and take every action to resolutely safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese citizens.
According to the Canadian "Global Mail" reported on December 5th:
"Meng Zhouzhou was arrested in Vancouver on December 1st, USA The government is seeking to extradite her, and the bail hearing will be held on Friday." Canadian Justice Department spokesman Ian McLeod said in a statement: "Unlimited by the ban on reporting, we are unable to provide any further details at this time. It was issued by Ms. Meng."
An informed Canadian source said that US law enforcement authorities claimed that Ms. Meng tried to evade the US trade embargo against Iran, but did not provide further The details.
It is reported that prosecutors in New York have been investigating whether Huawei violates US trade sanctions against Iran. In April of this year, the Wall Street Journal reported on the investigation. At least since 2016, US authorities have been reviewing whether Huawei is suspected of violating US export and sanctions laws and shipping US products to Iran and other countries.
According to sources, the investigation was allegedly led by the US Attorney's Office in Brooklyn. However, the spokesperson of the Office of the Prosecutor refused to confirm the news or denied the existence of the investigation in April this year.
"Confidence, bright, fast speed" is a common impression of Huawei's CFO Meng Xizhou.
Meng Xingzhou was born in 1972. He was the daughter of Ren Zhengfei and his ex-wife. After his parents divorced, Meng Xiazhou changed his mother’s surname.
In 1987, Huawei was founded.
In 1992, Meng Zhouzhou graduated from the University of China, initially working at the Construction Bank, and later came to Huawei. In 1993, Meng Zhouzhou joined Huawei.
"I originally planned to study abroad and got an offer, but I was refused because I was considered to have an immigration tendency. Before I went abroad, my father said that he always had to learn some skills to earn a living. Go to Huawei for a miscellaneous."
Meng Xingzhou once recalled in an internal article entitled "Hai Na Baichuan, Rong Nai Da", in 1993, the first thing that just entered Huawei's work. In a few years, she took on the work of switchboard transfer and document printing, which was trivial and hard.
"I was one of the only three secretaries of Huawei in the early years." Ren Zhengfei once said to Meng Xizhou that the first thing in social experience is to have an understanding of people. The experience of mixing helps to accumulate these experiences.
"In 1997, I went to Huazhong University of Science and Technology to study for a master's degree. I studied accounting, and I returned to Huawei's finance department after one and a half years. This really started me. Huawei's career." Meng Zhouzhou has served as President of the Company's Sales Finance and Fund Management Department, President of the Account Management Department, Chief Financial Officer of Huawei Hong Kong, and Director of International Accounting.
In 2011, Huawei’s CFO Liang Hua stepped down and had a chance to work in Huawei’s financial work for 18 years. On April 17, the same year, Huawei announced the list of members of the board of directors and the board of supervisors for the first time on its official website, indicating that Meng Zhouzhou was the managing director and CFO of the company. To this day, she has been the CFO of Huawei.
On March 23 this year, Huawei issued a document to announce the results of the new board election. Meng Xiazhou succeeded Ren Zhengfei as the vice chairman.
Guess you like
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- 2018-12-02[International Sharp Review] The first US dollar is the trade friction and the brakes. Mutual benefit and win-win must still be opposite.
- 2018-11-28Russian weapons detained on Ukrainian ships loaded with weapons and ammunition
- 2018-11-12Trump canceled the tribute to the martyrs because of the light rain, the Americans were angry to post a photo of Putin
- 2018-11-09Five "poisonous" gathering! "Taiwan independence" elements engaged in gatherings, these people have invited
- 2018-11-08Michael Jackson became the most profitable and deceased celebrity in Forbes, with a self-portrait value of 1.35 million yuan.
- 2018-10-31The most ungrateful country, since the decline of Chinese tourists, began to drive Chinese employees
- 2018-10-31China takes over the presidency of the Security Council in November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed the working arrangements
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.
- The US-Mexico border staged a relaxing moment: immigrants sit on the border wall and talk to the US military
- How was the Saudi reporter killed? Turkey shares creepy recordings with many countries
- NATO just wrecked after the exercise, Russian joke: Is this also deterring me?