US media: Iran’s capital Tehran is sinking sharply. It’s too late or too late.2018-12-07 20:25:34 15 ℃
Reference News Network reported on December 7 US media said that the land at the foot of the Iranian capital Tehran is moving. Tehran is the most populous city in West Asia. Recently, high-resolution satellite images show that parts of the Middle East metropolis will sink about 25 centimeters per year.
According to the US Fun Science website reported on December 4th, the British "Nature" weekly published a document on November 30th, scientists collected data from Tehran satellite imagery from 2003 to 2017, found 10% of the city center Significant land subsidence has occurred in the area and in many villages in the northwest suburbs.
The report said that one of the effects of subsidence was the sudden appearance of huge cracks and deep pits on the ground. Ali Beturahi, head of the Seismology and Risk Management Department at the Tehran Construction and Housing Research Center, told Nature Daily that there is an example where the crack at the foot of a farmer suddenly becomes larger, causing the person to fall into 6 meters. Deep pit, trapped for hours.
The report said that cracks near farmland also affected crops because the cracks drained irrigation water.
The report said that in the latest satellite data research, scientists found that Tehran is currently one of the fastest-setting cities in the world. Drought, dam construction and population explosions have caused serious groundwater loss. Scientists have also discovered a disturbing fact: precipitation has not been able to replenish depleted groundwater resources in a timely manner, suggesting that it may be too late to restore the original landscape. According to the "Nature" weekly report, the details of the above-mentioned latest findings will be published in the semi-annual issue of the US Environmental Telemetry.
The report also said that Tehran is not the only city that is sinking. Satellite observations also show that the Italian city of Venice and parts of western Texas, coastal areas of Louisiana, San Joaquin Valley, California and San Francisco International Airport are deeply affected by land subsidence.
A previous study pointed out that groundwater cognac is the cause of settlement in Tehran, which has already appeared since the beginning of this century. According to the "Nature" weekly report, the signs of subsidence first appeared in the agricultural area, and gradually expanded from the beginning of 2003 to the eastern urban areas, which are increasingly reflected in damaged buildings and roads.
Scientists have found that illegal digging has put more pressure on the decreasing groundwater resources and increased the risk of accelerated subsidence. Iranian government officials are working hard to crack down on illegal water wells. Although 100,000 have been closed, there are still about 30,000 illegal wells still in use.
The "Nature" magazine believes that if the settlement continues, Tehran's railways, bridges, oil and gas pipelines and power facilities may be in danger.
Guess you like
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- 2018-12-02[International Sharp Review] The first US dollar is the trade friction and the brakes. Mutual benefit and win-win must still be opposite.
- 2018-11-28Russian weapons detained on Ukrainian ships loaded with weapons and ammunition
- 2018-11-12Trump canceled the tribute to the martyrs because of the light rain, the Americans were angry to post a photo of Putin
- 2018-11-09Five "poisonous" gathering! "Taiwan independence" elements engaged in gatherings, these people have invited
- 2018-11-08Michael Jackson became the most profitable and deceased celebrity in Forbes, with a self-portrait value of 1.35 million yuan.
- 2018-10-31The most ungrateful country, since the decline of Chinese tourists, began to drive Chinese employees
- 2018-10-31China takes over the presidency of the Security Council in November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed the working arrangements
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.
- The US-Mexico border staged a relaxing moment: immigrants sit on the border wall and talk to the US military
- How was the Saudi reporter killed? Turkey shares creepy recordings with many countries
- NATO just wrecked after the exercise, Russian joke: Is this also deterring me?