US media: Iran’s capital Tehran is sinking sharply. It’s too late or too late.2018-12-07 20:25:34 119 ℃
Reference News Network reported on December 7 US media said that the land at the foot of the Iranian capital Tehran is moving. Tehran is the most populous city in West Asia. Recently, high-resolution satellite images show that parts of the Middle East metropolis will sink about 25 centimeters per year.
According to the US Fun Science website reported on December 4th, the British "Nature" weekly published a document on November 30th, scientists collected data from Tehran satellite imagery from 2003 to 2017, found 10% of the city center Significant land subsidence has occurred in the area and in many villages in the northwest suburbs.
The report said that one of the effects of subsidence was the sudden appearance of huge cracks and deep pits on the ground. Ali Beturahi, head of the Seismology and Risk Management Department at the Tehran Construction and Housing Research Center, told Nature Daily that there is an example where the crack at the foot of a farmer suddenly becomes larger, causing the person to fall into 6 meters. Deep pit, trapped for hours.
The report said that cracks near farmland also affected crops because the cracks drained irrigation water.
The report said that in the latest satellite data research, scientists found that Tehran is currently one of the fastest-setting cities in the world. Drought, dam construction and population explosions have caused serious groundwater loss. Scientists have also discovered a disturbing fact: precipitation has not been able to replenish depleted groundwater resources in a timely manner, suggesting that it may be too late to restore the original landscape. According to the "Nature" weekly report, the details of the above-mentioned latest findings will be published in the semi-annual issue of the US Environmental Telemetry.
The report also said that Tehran is not the only city that is sinking. Satellite observations also show that the Italian city of Venice and parts of western Texas, coastal areas of Louisiana, San Joaquin Valley, California and San Francisco International Airport are deeply affected by land subsidence.
A previous study pointed out that groundwater cognac is the cause of settlement in Tehran, which has already appeared since the beginning of this century. According to the "Nature" weekly report, the signs of subsidence first appeared in the agricultural area, and gradually expanded from the beginning of 2003 to the eastern urban areas, which are increasingly reflected in damaged buildings and roads.
Scientists have found that illegal digging has put more pressure on the decreasing groundwater resources and increased the risk of accelerated subsidence. Iranian government officials are working hard to crack down on illegal water wells. Although 100,000 have been closed, there are still about 30,000 illegal wells still in use.
The "Nature" magazine believes that if the settlement continues, Tehran's railways, bridges, oil and gas pipelines and power facilities may be in danger.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Kim Jong-un: I hope the Putin Council will help solve the situation on the peninsula.
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- Girls don't want to go to school and paint red dots on their bodies. They pretend that they have chickenpox. As a result, they have cups and cups.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons