President of Ecuador: Britain has promised not to extradite, Assange can leave the embassy2018-12-07 20:25:35 23 ℃
According to foreign media reports, Ecuadorian President Moreno said on Thursday that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will be able to leave the country's embassy in London, and the related security concerns have been "cleared."
The 47-year-old Assange spent six years in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to avoid being arrested and extradited to Sweden for allegations of sexual assault. Sweden has since revoked the case, and Ecuador stated that there is currently no extradition request for him.
This Australian activist published a number of top secret documents from the US State Department and the Pentagon in 2010. He repeatedly expressed concern that the British government might extradite him to the United States, so he avoided it in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for six years.
On Thursday, Moreno publicly stated that the United Kingdom guarantees that Assange will not be extradited to a country that may be life-threatening. Moreno said in a radio interview: "The British government told us that the British Constitution prohibits the extradition of a person to a place where his life is at risk or facing the death penalty." Moreno added that Assange would not be allowed to violate the conditions of bail before. Not serving in the UK.
In the case of a deterioration in relations between the United Kingdom and Ecuador, the Ecuadorian government has been hoping to bring Assange from London in recent months. The embassy was expelled. Assange’s lawyer, Carlos Povida, said last month that Assange would be surrendered to the British police as long as he was guaranteed not to be extradited to a country that threatened his life.
According to WikiLeaks, US prosecutors inadvertently exposed the previously confidential indictment against Assange last month. The indictment indicates that if he leaves the Ecuadorian Embassy, the United States will seek to extradite Assange, but the United States’ allegations against him may not be clear.
In addition, US Special Prosecutor Robert Muller is investigating President Trump and may seek to ask Assange. To understand whether Russia will interfere in the 2016 US annual election and help President Trump be elected. WikiLeaks was accused of leaking thousands of e-mails allegedly stolen by Russian hackers from the Hillary Democratic campaign team. The British Guardian reported that Trump’s former campaign president, Paul Manner Ford, had a secret meeting with Assan before the leak.
Muller’s team has filed charges against 12 Russian spies in July on charges of plotting a cyber attack on the Democratic National Committee to try to interfere with the US presidential election.
Guess you like
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- 2018-12-02[International Sharp Review] The first US dollar is the trade friction and the brakes. Mutual benefit and win-win must still be opposite.
- 2018-11-28Russian weapons detained on Ukrainian ships loaded with weapons and ammunition
- 2018-11-12Trump canceled the tribute to the martyrs because of the light rain, the Americans were angry to post a photo of Putin
- 2018-11-09Five "poisonous" gathering! "Taiwan independence" elements engaged in gatherings, these people have invited
- 2018-11-08Michael Jackson became the most profitable and deceased celebrity in Forbes, with a self-portrait value of 1.35 million yuan.
- 2018-10-31The most ungrateful country, since the decline of Chinese tourists, began to drive Chinese employees
- 2018-10-31China takes over the presidency of the Security Council in November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed the working arrangements
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.
- The US-Mexico border staged a relaxing moment: immigrants sit on the border wall and talk to the US military
- How was the Saudi reporter killed? Turkey shares creepy recordings with many countries
- NATO just wrecked after the exercise, Russian joke: Is this also deterring me?