President of Ecuador: Britain has promised not to extradite, Assange can leave the embassy2018-12-07 20:25:35 48 ℃
According to foreign media reports, Ecuadorian President Moreno said on Thursday that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will be able to leave the country's embassy in London, and the related security concerns have been "cleared."
The 47-year-old Assange spent six years in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to avoid being arrested and extradited to Sweden for allegations of sexual assault. Sweden has since revoked the case, and Ecuador stated that there is currently no extradition request for him.
This Australian activist published a number of top secret documents from the US State Department and the Pentagon in 2010. He repeatedly expressed concern that the British government might extradite him to the United States, so he avoided it in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for six years.
On Thursday, Moreno publicly stated that the United Kingdom guarantees that Assange will not be extradited to a country that may be life-threatening. Moreno said in a radio interview: "The British government told us that the British Constitution prohibits the extradition of a person to a place where his life is at risk or facing the death penalty." Moreno added that Assange would not be allowed to violate the conditions of bail before. Not serving in the UK.
In the case of a deterioration in relations between the United Kingdom and Ecuador, the Ecuadorian government has been hoping to bring Assange from London in recent months. The embassy was expelled. Assange’s lawyer, Carlos Povida, said last month that Assange would be surrendered to the British police as long as he was guaranteed not to be extradited to a country that threatened his life.
According to WikiLeaks, US prosecutors inadvertently exposed the previously confidential indictment against Assange last month. The indictment indicates that if he leaves the Ecuadorian Embassy, the United States will seek to extradite Assange, but the United States’ allegations against him may not be clear.
In addition, US Special Prosecutor Robert Muller is investigating President Trump and may seek to ask Assange. To understand whether Russia will interfere in the 2016 US annual election and help President Trump be elected. WikiLeaks was accused of leaking thousands of e-mails allegedly stolen by Russian hackers from the Hillary Democratic campaign team. The British Guardian reported that Trump’s former campaign president, Paul Manner Ford, had a secret meeting with Assan before the leak.
Muller’s team has filed charges against 12 Russian spies in July on charges of plotting a cyber attack on the Democratic National Committee to try to interfere with the US presidential election.
Guess you like
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.