In Canada, the United States \"double standard\" was defaced in person2018-12-12 20:25:43 157 ℃
[Text / Observer Network Zhang Chenjing]
According to Reuters news on December 11, Michael Kovrig, a former Canadian diplomat and senior adviser to the Northeast Asia, International Crisis Group Recently, he was detained by the Chinese government. At the US State Department’s press conference on the same day, Associated Press reporter Matthew Lee held a confrontation with the spokesperson on the matter.
Video is here-
Matthew Lee asks At the time, many people thought that this was a revenge against Canada’s detained Chinese company Huawei executives. “How do you evaluate?”
US State Department Deputy Spokesperson Paladino responded that for Canadian citizens in China The United States is deeply concerned about the arrest. "We urge China to end all forms of rude detention and respect the protection and freedom that all individuals receive under China's international human rights and consular commitments."
Matthew Lee continued to ask, "Would you like to urge the Canadian government to do the same thing?" or "Do you support the Canadian government's arrest and detention?"
This problem seems to be the key point. Paladino said quickly, "I... I didn't understand your question. Can you repeat it?"
Matthew Lee bluntly said, "You seem to be saying, 'If I am wrong, please correct me'". He said that the spokesperson pointed out that it was wrong when he mentioned China’s detention of Canadian diplomats, but did not point out how Canada treated the detained Chinese executives. "You think Canada can do this, but China can't."
Matthew Lee further explained that although there may be many reasons for this, the United States asked Canada to arrest him. "You have no opinion at all?"
After the speaker answered questions, he said A pass was arrested for the "crime" of Meng Zhouzhou.
Matthew Lee still asks questions without hesitation, but don't you think China has a legitimate reason to detain a former Canadian diplomat? The spokesman said that “it is recommended to ask the reasons of the arrest of the Canadian and Chinese governments” and then hurriedly ended the question.
It is understood that Matthew Lee is a well-known journalist in the West and is known for his punctuation in the United States "double standard".
The Lianhe Zaobao reported that Kang Mingkai was a diplomat in Canada and Hong Kong, and also served as a strategic communications expert at the United Nations Headquarters at United Nations Headquarters. Chinese.
The Belgian-based International Crisis Group issued a brief statement that the organization has been informed that Kang Mingkai was detained by the Chinese side and is doing everything possible to obtain more information about Kang Mingkai’s whereabouts and to fight for it as soon as possible and safe. Released.
This article is an exclusive manuscript of the Observer Network and may not be reproduced without authorization.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Kim Jong-un: I hope the Putin Council will help solve the situation on the peninsula.
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- Girls don't want to go to school and paint red dots on their bodies. They pretend that they have chickenpox. As a result, they have cups and cups.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons