Canadian Foreign Minister to go to the United States to talk to the United States Secretary of State stated: China released2018-12-15 20:25:32 222 ℃
Canadian Foreign Minister Freeland and Defense Minister Sajan rushed to Washington on December 14th with US Secretary of State Pompeo And the Defense Minister Matisse talks. The US-Canada ministerial talks coincided with a sensitive moment when China-Canada relations suddenly fell into tension. On the 1st of this month, Canada obeyed the US unprovoked detention of Huawei’s chief financial officer Meng Xizhou, which triggered anger and strong condemnation from China.
The Canadian "Global Mail" said that the high-ranking officials of Canada and the United States were not temporarily arranged after Meng Xiazhou was detained or two Canadians were detained in China. The original agenda was The Yemeni civil war, Russia’s “aggression” in Ukraine and other global conflict issues, but now, two sources said that the meeting will focus on the issue of the detention of two Canadians by Ms. Meng’s detention in Canada after being detained in Canada. They said that it is not certain whether Freeland raised concerns about US President Trump's possible use of the Meng Xia Zhou case as a bargaining chip for US-China trade. A source said that it depends on the tone of the meeting.
According to US media reports, at the press conference after the meeting, most of the reporters’ questions were centered around Canada’s arrest of Huawei’s chief financial officer, Meng Xizhou, and the subsequent arrest of two Canadian citizens in China were speculations of “retaliation”.
Although Canadian officials have previously stated that the arrest of Meng Xizhou is due to the request of the US government, Canadian Foreign Minister Freeland said at a press conference that the Canadian government’s arrest of Meng’s boat is based on the rule of law. Principles and obligations of international treaties.
Freeland said, "We all agree that the most important thing at the moment is to uphold the rule of law, ensure that Ms. Meng’s due process rights are respected, and that the Canadian judicial process is not interfered with by political factors." Lilan pointed out that Meng Zhouzhou has been released on bail and is awaiting the extradition process.
In addition, Freeland also said that China has arrested and detained two Canadian citizens, Kang Mingkai and Michael, suspected of endangering China’s national security. She has spoken to Chinese diplomats this week, "Chinese officials. In the process of contact with Canada, there was no connection between the matter and Detention Meng.”
US Secretary of State Pompeo said that "illegal detention of two Canadian citizens is unacceptable. They should be released or handed over to the Canadian government. Whether the two are our citizens or citizens of other countries, the United States insists on this.
Previously, Trump said in an interview with Reuters that he might intervene in the case of the Canadian government arresting Meng Xiazhou, if this would help him negotiate trade with China.
In this regard, Pompeo said, "I don't think so... We are conducting a series of trade negotiations with China. As China said, we are working hard to solve this. The problem, and all the other issues - not just the special issue of trade, today we have many complicated problems with China around the world."
Fryland said in response to similar questions, " Canada clearly believes that the extradition process is a criminal justice process. It should not be a tool for politicization purposes.”
Freeland also stated that “the extradition process is not important for political purposes, nor is Canada In doing so, I believe that our democratic countries like our American partners have not done so." "At today's meeting we discussed common values, one of which is that the United States and Canada are countries that abide by the rule of law and rules."
On December 14, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Lu Hao hosted a regular press conference. Some reporters have also questioned this matter. Has the Chinese government and the Canadian government made any progress on the communication between the two citizens and the Meng Xiazhou case?
Lu said that this is two things. Regarding the incident in which Ms. Meng Zhouzhou was wrongly detained, the Chinese side has been asking the Canadian government to immediately correct the mistake and immediately release Ms. Meng Xiazhou. With regard to the two Canadian citizens you mentioned being taken in accordance with the law in China, I can tell you that China and Canada maintain normal consular communication.Editor: Cheng Xiaofei
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Kim Jong-un: I hope the Putin Council will help solve the situation on the peninsula.
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- Girls don't want to go to school and paint red dots on their bodies. They pretend that they have chickenpox. As a result, they have cups and cups.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons