The number of tsunami deaths in Indonesia has risen to 43. No Chinese civilian casualties report2018-12-23 20:25:11 16 ℃
Xinhua News Agency, Jakarta, December 23 (Zheng Shibo) The Indonesian Disaster Relief Agency confirmed on the 23rd that the tsunami on the evening of the 22nd in the western part of the country has caused 43 deaths and 584 injuries. There are currently no reports of casualties of Chinese citizens.
Indonesia Disaster Relief Agency spokesman Soutopo said on Twitter that as of 7 am on the 23rd, the tsunami caused two people to disappear, 430 houses and nine hotels were damaged, and dozens of ships were damaged. damage.
Sutopo also released a video of netizens shooting in the disaster area. The picture shows that some houses on the beach were destroyed by the waves, and the bricks and tiles were scattered all over the place. The branches and wastes washed by the waves were everywhere, and the scene was a mess. In another video, a number of cars were immersed in a low-lying area on the roadside, and the owner raised the flashlight in the dark night to check the loss.
A netizen said on social media that when the tsunami came, he was filming the eruption of the volcano in the Karakota on the beach, and suddenly saw a row of huge waves propelling to the shore. The netizen then fled through the jungle and the village to a nearby high position. The sea entered the hotel where he stayed and drowned a lot of cars.
The reporter learned from the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia that the Embassy is verifying the situation and has not received any reports of casualties of Chinese citizens.
The tsunami occurred on the evening of the 22nd in the Sunda Strait in western Indonesia. At the time of the tsunami, no local seismic activity was detected. It was initially suspected that the tsunami was caused by the volcanic eruption of the Karakato volcano and the high tide caused by the moon.
The Krakato volcano is an active volcano in the Sunda Strait between Java and Sumatra in Indonesia. The volcano is currently active.
Indonesia is located in the Pacific Rim earthquake zone, with frequent earthquakes and tsunamis. At the end of September this year, an earthquake of magnitude 7.4 occurred in Donggara County, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia. The earthquake and the tsunami caused more than 2,000 deaths.
Guess you like
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- 2018-12-02[International Sharp Review] The first US dollar is the trade friction and the brakes. Mutual benefit and win-win must still be opposite.
- 2018-11-28Russian weapons detained on Ukrainian ships loaded with weapons and ammunition
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.