Why does Russia annex Crimea at all costs and without fear of the threat of war?2019-01-13 09:03:51 199 ℃
Crimea is a military strategic place that Russia has never abandoned in past dynasties. I have been to Crimea many times before, but Russia can't really say that it invaded Crimea in 2014, because the Russians already occupied Crimea, and there was almost no military force in Ukraine before Crimea Peninsula. From Crimea across the Azov Sea to the vast "border" zone of Rostov on the Dun River in South Russia, from social economy to people's life, it is basically the same as in Russia. Russian soldiers are often seen in the streets, just as they are stationed in the country.
According to the Agreement on Energy Linkages between Russian and Ukrainian Garrisons signed in 2010, the Russian army can continue to use the land, sea and air bases in Crimea Peninsula, and can deploy 160 combat aircraft and no more than 25,000 troops. The total number of Ukrainian troops is less than 40,000. There is hardly any heavy fighting force in Ukraine on the Crimean Peninsula. Only a few are equipped with light weapons. Their fighting capacity is similar to that of the scattered armed police forces, and the number is quite small. The Russian armed forces have complete control over the Crimea, especially the Savastopol port, and the Russian navy's warships are free to enter and leave Ukraine's territorial waters.
Historically, Crimea is closely related to the fate of Russia. Since the Middle Ages, among the series of "Khanates" left behind by the Mongolian Eastern Expedition, the powerful Muslim Tatar countries in the present Crimean region occupied Moscow and massacred 150,000 inhabitants there, so that Russia had to stationed tens of thousands of troops in its south for decades to prepare for a life-and-death battle with the Crimean Khanate. In modern history, in order to contain Russia, Britain and France, formerly centuries old enemies, finally joined forces to fight against Russia. This is the Crimean War. Britain and France fought against Russia in the Crimean War. At the cost of hundreds of thousands of casualties and the death of the commander-in-chief, the Anglo-French coalition finally defeated Sevastopol, but the war still failed to take Crimea from Russia. In order to preserve Crimea, Russia even sold Alaska cheaply. This shows Crimea's position in the minds of Russian policymakers.img src="/1ydzximg/0L4d7TPWlp"/>
In the eyes of the Russian elite, Crimea Peninsula is not only a resort, but also the accumulation of millions of Russian compatriots and Russian culture represented by Chekhov and Pushkin on the peninsula. Russia's decision-makers, accustomed to the geo-buffer zone strategy, are so aware of the geopolitical significance of Crimea that the Kremlin prefers to "defend" the peninsula, which is the same size as Hainan Island in China, rather than make it the front line of anti-Russia in Western countries. In addition, Caucasus oil has been an important economic pillar of the Soviet Union since the Cold War, and today this pillar becomes even more important. Once Russia loses Crimea, this pillar will lose its cover and may be cut off at any time, which Russia will never allow. Over the centuries, the blood shed by the Russian nation for Crimea has been enough to dye the land red. They will never give up the land they fought for.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Kim Jong-un: I hope the Putin Council will help solve the situation on the peninsula.
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- Girls don't want to go to school and paint red dots on their bodies. They pretend that they have chickenpox. As a result, they have cups and cups.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons