Video calls on 27 soldiers of the street committees to mutiny in the early morning2019-01-22 17:28:38 353 ℃
According to the Wall Street Journal, on January 21, local time, the Venezuelan government announced that its armed forces had foiled a rebellion that day and arrested 27 National Guard soldiers. Venezuelan authorities said that the rebels attempted to oppose Maduro, occupying the headquarters of the National Guard west of the capital Caracas early that morning and taking four hostages.
The Ministry of Defence of the CPC Committee introduced that "at about 2:50 a.m. on the 21st, a small group of opponents belonging to the National Guard took up arms and held two officials and two members of the National Guard. Criminals have been caught. They are telling the intelligence department about it.
The Venezuelan National Gazette quoted local residents as saying that during the rounding up of the rebels, explosions were heard between the two sides.
According to CNN, Sergeant Wandres Figueroa, the leader of the incident during the rebellion, made a speech after entering the National Guard facility. Figueroa called on people to support their actions, uphold the Constitution and take to the streets against the Maduro government. The video was later uploaded to the social network. Following the arrest of
on the same day, Vladimir Padrino, Minister of Defense of the Commission, said in social media: "Those who commit shameless crimes will be severely punished by law."
Venezuela's Defense Minister Padrino/Information Diagram
Padrino said: "The Venezuelan military resolutely opposes such acts. It is absolutely certain that such acts are motivated by the dark interests of extreme right-wing forces and violate our military discipline, honor and traditional laws." It is worth noting that the resolute guard against the rebellion was also reported by US media earlier this month to have asked Maduro to resign. On the eve of Maduro's inauguration on the 10th, the Washington Post quoted an American intelligence official as saying that Padrino had asked Maduro to resign last month and said that if Maduro did not resign, he would offer to resign. Since then, the Commission officials have not responded to this rumor. After the rebellion was defeated on the day of the
, there were also spontaneous protests in the vicinity of the site of the incident. Protesters pounded pots and cans and burned garbage to block streets. Some shouted slogans to express their support for the soldiers who participated in the rebellion, while others complained about the plight of their lives. The crowd was then driven away by riot police.
In recent years, foreign forces led by the United States and the right wing in Venezuela have always regarded Maduro as a "nail in the eye". Before the rebellion, there were many security incidents against Maduro and his government in the country.
In August last year, Maduro was speaking at a celebration when he was suddenly attacked by an unmanned aerial vehicle. Maduro accused the attack of "extreme right" and Colombians who attempted to assassinate. In June 2017, a hijacked police helicopter flew over the Supreme Court building of Caracas and dropped grenades, which Maduro condemned at the time. The behind-the-scenes Mafia of the incident is related to the CIA. Juan Guaido, leader of the opposition and Speaker of the National Assembly (the Venezuelan Parliament, which has been overhead), supported the rebellion on 21. He said that the events of the day reflected "the general mood within the army". "The National Assembly is committed to providing all guarantees for members of the armed forces who actively contribute to the restoration of the Constitution." On the 10th of this month, Maduro was formally sworn in for the second term of office. However, dozens of American countries, led by the United States, have questioned the legitimacy of Maduro's government since his inauguration and asked him to step down. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned the attempt of the United States to carry out a coup in the country. On the eve of the rebellion, the opposition-controlled National Assembly also declared that it would not recognize Maduro's new term of office and called for a national protest and a new general election.
CNN quoted sources last week that US President Trump was considering making Guaido provisional president of Venezuela until a new election was held. The government of Brazil's far-right Bolsonaro also expressed this idea in a statement.
Reuters said that on the 15th of this month, the National Assembly accused the Maduro government of "usurping power" and began drafting an amnesty law to protect members of the armed forces who rebelled against the Maduro government. The move is believed to be aimed at inciting soldiers to rebel against the Maduro government. "We urge all Venezuelan leaders, including the military, to uphold the rule of law and constitutional order," Bolton, the US National Security Adviser, said on the 16th.
On 21, the Supreme Court of Venezuela declared the National Convention null and void, and any motion submitted by the latter after 5 January would be cancelled. Juan Jose Mendoza, head of the Constitutional Court of the Court, said: "Under no circumstances can [the legislature] take action by the executive."
Bolton made another announcement on Twitter the same day after the Supreme Court's ruling on 21, criticizing the decision as "predictable" and "empty". "The United States strongly supports Venezuela's only legitimate democratic institution, the National Convention and its efforts to restore democracy," Bolton said.
Bolton Twitter screenshot
In recent years, western countries led by the United States, with Maduro government's "dictatorship" and "corruption" causing the country to fall into economic and social crisis, have continuously intervened in Venezuela's internal affairs.
Reuters said that the Trump government is considering a new round of tougher financial sanctions against Venezuela. More than a dozen conservative Latin American governments have also indicated that they will prevent Maduro government officials from entering these countries and take measures to freeze their assets.
- In the previous：Trump is in deep fire. America is in another quagmire of war.
- The next article：Canada, the Light of Middle East Marriage Runaway Girls
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Kim Jong-un: I hope the Putin Council will help solve the situation on the peninsula.
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- Girls don't want to go to school and paint red dots on their bodies. They pretend that they have chickenpox. As a result, they have cups and cups.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons