The "Xinjiang Rumor" that came to the US Congress was torn apart by more than 1600 characters of Hua Chunying2019-01-22 17:28:47 539 ℃
[Global Times Reporter Wang Panpan reports] Recently, CNN published a report citing a Uygur woman named Mihrigul Tursun's"personal experience"that her son died in Urumqi Children's Hospital and witnessed nine women's deaths while in custody. On January 21, Global Times reporters asked questions at a press conference of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Foreign Ministry spokesman Hua Chunying responded in more than 1600 words.
The following is a question-and-answer record:
Global Times Reporter: CNN just published a report citing a Uighur woman named Mihrigul Tursun's "personal experience". He also told a similar story as a witness at a hearing of the Chinese Committee of the Executive Bureau of the United States Congress on November 28, 2018. In addition, U.S. Senator Rubio and others in Congress re-proposed the Uygur Human Rights Policy Act. What is China's comment on this?< p> < strong > Hua Chunying: Do CNN reporters come today? (No)
I also saw the report just published by CNN. On Friday, January 18, we received an email from CNN asking about a recent interview with a Uygur woman named Mizhguri Tulson who claimed that one of her sons died in Urumqi Children's Hospital in Xinjiang in 2015 and that she had witnessed the death of nine Uygur women while in Urumqi prison. I hope we can respond to that. After we received this list, we attached great importance to it and asked the relevant departments of Xinjiang Autonomous Region for verification information at the first time. However, CNN apparently did not want to wait until we verified the results, and had published the report over the weekend. Since you mentioned this question, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the facts. According to the feedback from the relevant departments in Xinjiang after careful verification, I would like to clarify a few points here:
First, the Uygur woman named Mizhguri Tulson mentioned in the CNN report was originally a resident of Qiemo County, Bazhou, Xinjiang. In August 2010, she registered to marry an Iranian in China. In January 2012, she registered to marry an Egyptian in Egypt. According to the materials provided by Mizhguri herself, in April 2015, Mizhguri gave birth to three children in Egypt, namely Mu Ozi, Elena, Mu Aizi, of whom Mu Ozi and Elena settled in China in October 2015. In March 2018, Mizhguri's Egyptian husband informed the Qiemo County Public Security Bureau of Xinjiang that Mizhguri had become an Egyptian citizen. After inquiring about Mizhguri's wish and submitting her application for cancellation of Chinese nationality, the last County Public Security Bureau cancelled Mizhguri's residence registration with her two children, Mu Ozi and Elina, on April 2. On April 22, Mizhguri and her husband left the country with two children, Muko and Elena, on Egyptian passports.
Second, on April 21, 2017, Mizhguri was detained by the Qiemo County Public Security Bureau of Xinjiang on suspicion of inciting national hatred and discrimination. In the meantime, she was found to be suffering from infectious diseases. For humanitarian reasons, the County Public Security Bureau revoked its compulsory measures on May 10, 2017. In addition to the 20 days of criminal detention, Mizhguri was completely free during her stay in China. According to relevant records, Mizhguri has traveled 11 times between 2010 and 2017 to China, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Thailand, Turkey and other countries.
In short, Mizhguri has never been detained by the Urumqi police, has never been detained, and has never been taught in any vocational skills training center. I wonder where she came from when she claimed at CNN and congressional hearings that she had "witnessed the death of nine women in custody" and "the police put them in a cell with more than 50 women"?
Third, it was verified that Mu Ozi, a son of Miri Guli, had been hospitalized in Urumqi Children's Hospital of Xinjiang from 14-19 January, 6-12 May and 4-8 November 2016 due to pneumonia, hydrocephalus and right indirect inguinal hernia. In April 2018, Mizhguri and her husband left China with an Egyptian passport.
As for her other son Muaizi, Mizhguri did not settle down for him in China. In January 2016, Muaizi was taken from China by Mizhguri to Turkey and fostered in his husband's cousin Samar. We did not know what happened afterwards. But she herself knows best. Therefore, the CNN report about Mizhguri's claim that her son died in Urumqi Children's Hospital and that she was "not informed of the reasons for her son's admission" is totally untrue and totally ulterior lies.
This is what I learned from the relevant departments of Xinjiang Autonomous Region, and this is the fact about Miri Guli. In addition, I would like to emphasize two points:
First, authenticity is the lifeline of news reporting. As you will recall, at the end of last year, a scandal broke out in the media about Relotius, a well-known journalist of Der Spiegel in Germany. The sources cited in his award-winning reports on Syria have proved to be fictional. Recently, some western media reports concerning Xinjiang quoted a number of seemingly "named" sources, which later proved to be untrue or untrue. CNN's latest report is just the latest example. We hope that the media concerned will strictly abide by the professional ethics of journalism, cherish the credibility of their own media, and refrain from invoking false or fabricated news.
Secondly, Mizhguri told her so-called experience at the hearing of the Chinese Committee of the US Congress-Administration on November 28 last year as a witness, which became an important basis for Senator Rubio and others to propose and promote the Uighur Human Rights Policy Act. It is totally unacceptable for US congressmen to make unjustified accusations and attacks against the Chinese government and Chinese national policy based on a false story invented by a liar. We call on the relevant members of the United States to respect the minimum facts, abandon ideological prejudice and cold war thinking, and stop maliciously smearing China's religious and territorial policies. Such absurd farces are enough once, otherwise they will only make themselves and the United States more credible.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Kim Jong-un: I hope the Putin Council will help solve the situation on the peninsula.
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- Girls don't want to go to school and paint red dots on their bodies. They pretend that they have chickenpox. As a result, they have cups and cups.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons