Another military power couldn't bear it anymore. Suddenly, it confessed to the United States! ___________ Trump has to make every move.2019-02-09 09:17:46 32 ℃
Author: Liu Chengyou; Pictures from the Internet
"Not a Raptor but a River". Since Trump came to Europe last year, he urged countries to increase military expenditure. NATO allies'hearts were broken. Under the pressure of Trump, the EU leader and the world-recognized military power, Germany, took the lead in recognizing the increase of military expenditure, expressing wholeheartedness and wholeheartedness. It wants to go with NATO, but this has not won the hearts of the United States.
According to the report of German News Agency and Der Spiegel Weekly on February 7, Germany finally admitted to the United States after a long period of sawing. In its strategic report to NATO, Germany promised to increase its military expenditure to 1.5% of GDP by 2024, and to make up for its arrears in military expenditure from 2014 to now. This means that the average German military expenditure in 2014-2024 will rise by 80% on the current basis, from 33 billion euros a year to 60 billion euros. There is no doubt that Germany has made great concessions to the United States, but according to NATO officials, Trump is not satisfied with this. Since Trump came to power, there has been a lot of disagreement between the United States and NATO allies. The biggest problem is Trump's belief that NATO has taken advantage of the United States seriously. Military expenditure is always lower than NATO's 2% of GDP. Trump is very angry about this. Data show that the United States accounts for 70% of the total military expenditure of NATO countries, and that proportion will continue to rise as Trump says that the United States will spend at least $750 billion in military expenditure by 2020. Germany is the leader of the European Union and one of the core members of NATO. As the richest country in Europe, it has always been in arrears with NATO military expenditure, which is the focus of Trump's criticism.
According to a report on Defense Astronautics website on May 18 last year, when NATO Secretary-General Stoltenberg visited Washington, Trump bitterly criticized Germany's defense policy, saying that the United States would "dispose" of allies who did not comply with military expenditure provisions, "especially Germany", saying that Germany deliberately lowered military expenditure under the umbrella of the United States. All-out development, therefore, "profitable" and take advantage of the United States. At the NATO Summer Summit in Europe in mid-July last year, Trump criticized Germany for having enough money to buy Russian crude oil and gas, but not enough to raise its military expenditure, saying that Germany had become a "prisoner" of Russia. Under the full pressure of Trump, NATO's European allies, like frightened children, have expressed their willingness to raise their defense spending to 2% of GDP by 2024. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has also indicated that she will apply to Parliament for more military spending. As far as the recent report of Germany's defense strategy to NATO is concerned, in fact, it has already pledged to the United States on the issue of defense expenditure and "pledged" more military expenditure to enhance the overall military strength of NATO, which also means that more American weapons may be purchased.
But why does Trump still feel dissatisfied? First of all, 2024 was too long for Trump to "fight for the day and night". The so-called "predecessors planted trees, future generations enjoyed cool weather", extorting a large amount of military expenditure from European allies, Trump, a great political achievement, is certainly unwilling to leave it to his successor. Trump can only serve as president for two or eight years at most. 2024 is too far away for Trump. In fact, Trump wrote on Twitter on the eve of last year's NATO Summer Summit that NATO countries need to "increase military expenditures immediately" rather than delay reaching NATO standards until 2024. < p > < p > secondly, Trump had to recover arrears of military expenditure. For Germany, Trump said that for 14 years Germany's military expenditure has been between 1% and 1.3% of GDP for a long time, and its arrears in military expenditure amount to nearly trillions of dollars. Germany needs to write off the bill, wipe out the arrears, and then raise its defense spending to a NATO-compliant level. But as far as Germany is concerned, military expenditure has only increased to 1.5% of GDP, which is gradual. At the same time, 14 years'arrears of military expenditure will not be paid. This is equivalent to "enjoying the military protection of the United States in vain", and Trump's psychological imbalance.
Thirdly, Trump is more ambitious, and 2% of GDP military expenditure can not meet the strategic needs of the United States. Singapore's Lianhe Zaobao reported on July 12 last year that White House spokesman Thomas Sanders told the media that Trump asked NATO countries to spend military expenditure as a proportion of GDP, not only to reach the NATO minimum of 2%, but also to "further increase" to 4% of GDP. At present, US military expenditure accounts for 3.5% of GDP. With Trump's commitment to "at least $750 billion" in military expenditure by 2020, US defense expenditure is expected to account for 4% of GDP. Trump calls for NATO to "keep pace with the United States". In conclusion, Trump is dissatisfied with Germany's "late awakening" and has more or less slandered the other NATO countries. Even Britain, which has met its military expenditure standards, has received warnings from the United States. Matisse, the former defence secretary of the United States, wrote to the British defence minister asking Britain to increase its military expenditure, otherwise it would not be able to enjoy the "special relationship" treatment between the United States and Britain. Why did Trump insist that NATO's European allies increase military spending? Trump not only considers that the United States is "pulled oil" from the perspective of businessmen, but strategically lays out the plan in an attempt to achieve the effect of "killing two birds with one stone".
On the one hand, the U.S. strategy moves eastward. The United States has repeatedly publicly expressed the need for European countries to increase military expenditure and enhance their strength, because the U.S. strategy focuses on Asia-Pacific to meet emerging challenges, unable to concentrate on providing security protection for Europe, and needs Europe to protect itself. On the other hand, the United States does not want to see the deepening of European integration, especially the emergence of a "European coalition" independent of NATO in Europe. Trump urged the payment of military expenditures. European allies naturally "feel hollowed out". Where is there any extra funds to build an independent "European coalition"?
Guess you like
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.