Several European parliamentarians were expelled from Venezuela in an attempt to visit Venezuela for "conspiratorial purposes"2019-02-18 18:32:27 225 ℃
Venezuela expelled a group of members of the European Parliament who were trying to visit the country on Sunday, according to AFP. According to the Venezuelan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the group of parliamentarians is "conspiring against the country".
The Spanish member of the European Parliament, Esteban Gonzalez Pons, led the five members. "We were expelled from Venezuela," Ponsfa said in a statement. Our passport has been confiscated. Nor did they inform us of the reasons for our deportation. In response, the Venezuelan Foreign Minister, Jorge Areaza, issued a statement saying that Caracas would not allow provocative activities in the country. "Through official diplomatic channels, the Venezuelan authorities were informed a few days ago that a group of European parliamentarians were approaching and that they intended to visit the country for conspiracy purposes, which was unacceptable. They are advised not to act provocatively."Agence France Presse reported that in response to the incident, Venezuelan opposition leader Guaido wrote on Twitter that members of the European Parliament were expelled from the country by an "isolated and increasingly unreasonable regime". The event of
is the latest development in the tense relations between Western countries and Maduro. Earlier Sunday, Guaido called for one million volunteers to be recruited within a week to fight the blockade of U.S. aid from the Venezuelan government, saying it prevented most U.S. humanitarian aid from entering Venezuela. Speaking to 60,000 supporters of U.S. aid, Guaido said: "Our main task is to reach 1 million volunteers by February 23. It is reported that many volunteer groups have begun to hold meetings in "humanitarian camps" in several Venezuelan states to organize and prepare assistance. After years of sanctions imposed by the United States, Venezuela's economic predicament has led to about 2.3 million people leaving the country, leaving behind people affected by hyperinflation and scarcity of food and medicines. Maduro denied the existence of a humanitarian crisis, believed that the opposition's actions were "political performances" and regarded humanitarian aid as "debris" and "rotten and contaminated food", while attributing the shortage of food and medicine to U.S. sanctions.
Venezuelan Parliament President Guaido publicized himself as Venezuela's "interim president" on January 23, and the United States and some Latin American countries immediately expressed their support for Guaido. The Supreme Court of the CPC announced on 29 January that it had decided to impose restrictions on Guaido on suspicion of organizing and leading violent incidents. So far, Guaido has received support from more than 50 countries, including 30 European countries.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Kim Jong-un: I hope the Putin Council will help solve the situation on the peninsula.
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- Girls don't want to go to school and paint red dots on their bodies. They pretend that they have chickenpox. As a result, they have cups and cups.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons