F-35 Waterloo! Customers to rival a huge contract cancellation2017-09-13 12:08:58 194 ℃
In September 13th, American NBC television reported, a major setback for F-35 fighter project experience, has been completely solid.
A major customer of F-35, officially decided to purchase its competition for mobile phones, and gave up orders for already confirmed F-35 fighters.
This country is the nearest neighbor of the United States: canada. In September 13th, Canada received confirmation from the US government that it would allow the launch of the $5 billion 230 million F-18E/F fighter procurement program. Thus, Canada's abandonment of the original order for 60 F-35 fighter jets has become a reality.
To add insult to injury, Boeing's F-18E/F happens to be F-35's biggest rival. In the case of delays in F-35 progress and a unit price far exceeding the original expected value, the Canadian contract awarded by Boeing was a major victory in the fierce competition with Lockheed Martin, which developed F-35!
Many countries now see Canada's decision to abandon F-35 and buy very mature F-18E/F fighters. This time, Canada decided to buy 10 F-18E single seater fighters and 8 F-18F two seater fighters.
The Canadian Prime Minister made a bold decision to cancel the F-35 contract
Sounds like a total price of $5 billion 230 million, making the machine's price becomes $two hundred million, but in fact this includes improved F414-GE-400 turbofan engine, AN/APG-79 active phased array radar, target detection AN/AAQ-33 "sniper" pods, gun weapons, new wireless electric and electronic warfare system, helmet display, and a large number of accessories. Canada will also receive the most lethal AIM-9X Block2 advanced air-to-air missile. Most importantly, training has been included in this price.
So, in fact, the Boeing fighter is still cheaper than F-35.
Canada's efforts to switch to Boeing fighter jets have not been smooth sailing.
A few days ago, according to the Australian SKY TV reports, from the beginning of the year came to upgrade F-18 "old air hornet Canada, to save large sums of defense budget, consider giving up the purchase of F/A-18E/F, shifted from the Australian Air Force purchases a new second-hand basic F-18. Canadian lawmakers were once tough, saying: "(we) will still buy new military aircraft, but considering the relationship between Boeing and China's aviation industry, they will not be considered partners."."
At that time, Canada had sent a delegation to Australia to see the specific conditions of the fighters. Australia also hopes to sell the fighters to clear space for the upcoming F-35 fighters.
Facts have proved that this is mainly Canada and Boeing, the United States negotiations skills, and ultimately the U.S. government adopted the Canadian buy Boeing new fighter specific program.
F-18 fighter aircraft commissioned by the United States in 1970s has been incorporated into Boeing Macdonald - Douglas (McDonnell Douglas) aircraft carrier research and development aircraft carrier. Today, there are 6 derivative models, the main U.S. Navy and multinational military active aircraft. F/A-18E/F is Boeing's significant performance improvement model based on the basic F-18 fighter.
Bright Canadian CF-18 fighter commemorative paint
The decision in Canada is not without controversy, because many experts believe that cheap F-18E/F does not meet the long-term needs, is a short-sighted choice, F-35 is the real object should be considered. Moreover, after F-35 enters the mass production stage, the price will have the obvious drop. But the decision by the Canadian government has been irreversible.
Guess you like
- 2018-05-29This country and the United States have publicly turned their backs? Threat: If you do not sell F-35, you must buy S-400 and Su-57
- 2018-05-04歼-20 re-transmits major news This Western absolute security technology was attacked by China
- 2018-05-03The most advanced warships in India were suspended by the gantry.
- 2018-05-01What? The United States wants to repair the island in the South China Sea? Is there money? Is there technology? anyone there?
- 2018-04-28China Resolutely Shows Six Killers at Key Time 慑 Shocks Potential Adversaries
- 2018-04-28The magical astronomical phenomenon was just over Beijing, or it was an anti-missile test.
- 2018-04-26Domestic third-generation nuclear submarines or have been built! But 2.5 generation 094A may be very "longevity"
- 2018-04-25The Chinese Air Force, already equipped with the 歼20, can train pilots faster?
- 2018-04-10Hong Kong media: China's second carriers may be the first sea trial in April 23rd
- 2017-12-27Why do Chinese people have a more advanced vector engine than the American -10C?
- The Syrian Encounter Tells 1.4 Billion Chinese: The Three Truths Are Never Overdue
- 歼 20 two-seater version exposure? Cockpit science fiction, this level has caught up with home theater!
- Last night, China’s hypersonic weapons appeared for the first time in the world but was rumoured
- China’s domestic aircraft carrier super-god progress made it impossible for India to calm down.
- Did anyone blame China’s naval exercises for spending money? Let superpowers educate him!
- Review of the most popular equipment of our army this year: "national Rong one" laser gun and 001A aircraft carrier
- China's private enterprises complete the test of rocket engine test, and Japan, Korea and other countries require technology sharing
- What happened? Israel uses about 3000000 air defense missiles to hit more than 1000 pieces of Chinese UAVs
- Japan launched F-35 to intercept the Chinese air force for the first time. When did the annihilate -20 attack the air force?
- 30 meters outside the f -20 photo exposure: why Chinese fans applauded but not condemning