F-35 Waterloo! Customers to rival a huge contract cancellation2017-09-13 12:08:58 66 ℃
In September 13th, American NBC television reported, a major setback for F-35 fighter project experience, has been completely solid.
A major customer of F-35, officially decided to purchase its competition for mobile phones, and gave up orders for already confirmed F-35 fighters.
This country is the nearest neighbor of the United States: canada. In September 13th, Canada received confirmation from the US government that it would allow the launch of the $5 billion 230 million F-18E\/F fighter procurement program. Thus, Canada's abandonment of the original order for 60 F-35 fighter jets has become a reality.
To add insult to injury, Boeing's F-18E\/F happens to be F-35's biggest rival. In the case of delays in F-35 progress and a unit price far exceeding the original expected value, the Canadian contract awarded by Boeing was a major victory in the fierce competition with Lockheed Martin, which developed F-35!
Many countries now see Canada's decision to abandon F-35 and buy very mature F-18E\/F fighters. This time, Canada decided to buy 10 F-18E single seater fighters and 8 F-18F two seater fighters.
The Canadian Prime Minister made a bold decision to cancel the F-35 contract
Sounds like a total price of $5 billion 230 million, making the machine's price becomes $two hundred million, but in fact this includes improved F414-GE-400 turbofan engine, AN\/APG-79 active phased array radar, target detection AN\/AAQ-33 "sniper" pods, gun weapons, new wireless electric and electronic warfare system, helmet display, and a large number of accessories. Canada will also receive the most lethal AIM-9X Block2 advanced air-to-air missile. Most importantly, training has been included in this price.
So, in fact, the Boeing fighter is still cheaper than F-35.
Canada's efforts to switch to Boeing fighter jets have not been smooth sailing.
A few days ago, according to the Australian SKY TV reports, from the beginning of the year came to upgrade F-18 "old air hornet Canada, to save large sums of defense budget, consider giving up the purchase of F\/A-18E\/F, shifted from the Australian Air Force purchases a new second-hand basic F-18. Canadian lawmakers were once tough, saying: "(we) will still buy new military aircraft, but considering the relationship between Boeing and China's aviation industry, they will not be considered partners."."
At that time, Canada had sent a delegation to Australia to see the specific conditions of the fighters. Australia also hopes to sell the fighters to clear space for the upcoming F-35 fighters.
Facts have proved that this is mainly Canada and Boeing, the United States negotiations skills, and ultimately the U.S. government adopted the Canadian buy Boeing new fighter specific program.
F-18 fighter aircraft commissioned by the United States in 1970s has been incorporated into Boeing Macdonald - Douglas (McDonnell Douglas) aircraft carrier research and development aircraft carrier. Today, there are 6 derivative models, the main U.S. Navy and multinational military active aircraft. F\/A-18E\/F is Boeing's significant performance improvement model based on the basic F-18 fighter.
Bright Canadian CF-18 fighter commemorative paint
The decision in Canada is not without controversy, because many experts believe that cheap F-18E\/F does not meet the long-term needs, is a short-sighted choice, F-35 is the real object should be considered. Moreover, after F-35 enters the mass production stage, the price will have the obvious drop. But the decision by the Canadian government has been irreversible.
Guess you like
- 2017-09-17Domestic type 003 aircraft carrier design basically finalized, the four highlights eye-catching
- 2017-09-17North Korea has just launched missiles flying over Hokkaido, Japan
- 2017-09-01Secrets of India's withdrawal!
- 2017-09-01India strategic navigation satellite launch failure last night, traffic is Chinese hackers engage in sabotage
- 2017-09-01North Korea, Japan, fighting hard, there is a big country benefit! Just shearing Japanese wool, 50 billion of it
- 2017-08-30Afford much food for thought！ After North Korea launched its missiles, Russia said two words
- 2017-08-30Why was the New Fourth Army founded when he was commander of the army? Jiang Jieshi aways wrong person
- 2017-08-26Domestic aircraft carrier latest progress gratifying! China already has the most advanced shipbuilding capability in the world
- 2017-08-25Japan also wants to dominate China as an Asian hegemon? The United States gave it all up
- 2017-08-24On the other hand, an expert published an ancient map to confirm the sovereignty of China's Diaoyu Islands: the government's ancient map was forged!
- This aircraft also took big orders: Russia this time to China to do fairly kind
- A missile decided 10 new combat power to direct the war victory or defeat the United States and Russia to catch up
- By deterring North Korea, such advanced weapons are being deployed in large numbers around china!
- Who helped North Korea get the hydrogen bomb?
- The United States secretly imported Chinese combat effectiveness, advanced performance, a large number of countries imported and exported hundreds of
- 8000 youths were missing in Indian Kashmir, and police responded with questions about Pakistan"
- Vietnam dug a huge pit for itself in the South China Sea
- The end of the confrontation, the Indian army was chasing the India guests "face shualai"
- India pulled out, and then divided North Korea into three?
- India riots reflect the fundamental difference between China and India, no war has been defeated, what fight?!