The Russian army wants to return? Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0? Russian experts say this2018-11-01 10:25:25 154 ℃
Original title: Should the Russian army return? Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0? Russian experts say this
[Global Reporter Zhang Feiyang] "Cuba Missile Crisis 2.0?" October 31 "Russia Today" (RT) reported in such a title that the Russian State Duma Defense Committee Chairman Shamanov said that Moscow's response to Trump's plan to withdraw from the "Guide to the Treaty" may be re-established in Cuba. Military base. He also predicted that if the United States and Russia fail to reach a compromise, the "new Cuban missile crisis" will occur.
It is reported that Vladimir Shamanov, chairman of the Russian State Duma Defense Committee and former airborne force commander, said that the United States is planning to withdraw from the "Guidelines on the Treaty", while Russia The response to this may be "reactivation of Cuban military installations."
Shamanov said that the situation is currently being evaluated and there will be a (policy) proposal. He also speculated that in fact the Cuban government had to let the Russian army return, and this is more about "politics" than "is a national defense issue."
Shamanov also said that the new Cuban leader Miguel Diaz-Canel may mention this when he visited Russia in early November. Carnell is the new face of the Cuban Communist Party and is cautious about foreign military presence. But "politics is life, Cuba has its own interests and is hurt by US sanctions," he added.
The report said that Shamanov had previously urged Moscow and Washington to reach an agreement and resume reconciliation. "If we do not stop it now and do not engage in dialogue, we may be creating something similar to the 'Cuban Missile Crisis'. Case".
The "Cuban Missile Crisis" occurred in the early 1960s, when the two superpowers, the United States and the former Soviet Union, confronted each other and the world was on the verge of a nuclear war. During the confrontation, in response to the US deployment of nuclear missiles in Turkey, the former Soviet Union also deployed the same level of nuclear missiles in Cuba.
United States President John F. Kennedy’s televised speech on the Cuban Missile Crisis on October 22, 1962. Image Source: Reuters < /p>
Reported that for Russia’s plan to re-establish military bases in Cuba, military expert Viktor Murakhovsky said that it is meaningful to restore Russia’s military presence in Cuba and restart the base. “You don’t need a lot of money,” but you can collect “funny information about Cuba’s neighbors.”
However, another military expert, Konstantin Sivkov, disagreed with this statement, saying that the Russian army It is unlikely that the party will return to Cuba. “(In the 1960s) we were forced to make this decision (to deploy missiles to Cuba) because we did not have a sufficient number of intercontinental ballistic missiles, but now we have “.< According to previous media reports, on October 20, US President Trump announced that Russia is violating the "Guidelines on the Guide", so the United States does not intend to abide by the treaty and plans to withdraw. Russian Presidential Press Secretary Peskov responded that Russia hopes that the US will retire The "Guide to the Treaty" gives a more detailed explanation.
The "Medium Guide Treaty" is the "Soviet and US Elimination of the Middle and Short-Range Missile Treaty between the two countries", and the President of the United States on December 8, 1987 Reagan and Soviet leader Gorbachev signed in Washington. The "Guide to the Treaty" is the first treaty that the United States and the Soviet Union have achieved since the beginning of their own nuclear weapons. This is regarded as an important step for the two sides to limit the arms race.Editor: Wang Chuan 01
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- 2019-02-09In this battle, the division commander did not fight a company with ten times the strength! It directly resulted in the total annihilation of 50,000 troops.
- 2019-01-31This is not an exercise! The Italian carrier was wounded by multiple rockets and the attackers were allies of the United States.
- 2018-12-24The United States signs an order to withdraw troops from Syria. Orderer: Matisse, who is leaving
- 2018-12-13Why is my country not equipped with grenade and grenade launchers? A small part is not fixed!
- 2018-12-03The loss of soldiers will be dismal: the US media counts 5 catastrophic wars in the United States
- 2018-11-17The Chinese Navy's 20,000-ton ship appeared in the East China Sea.
- 2018-11-14The first Aegis ship in history was sunk, and a large area of pollution was formed along the Norwegian coast.
- 2018-11-10New progress in military reform: new appearance of the PLA General Hospital
- 2018-11-07In the days when Wang Wei sacrificed 17 years, 7 months and 7 days, China had its own "Cobra" maneuver.
- US media: US cruiser broke into Liaoning Ship Forbidden Area and Chinese carrier captain scolded US military Colonel
- The front page of the military newspaper introduces the "blood wolf" of the special forces: undertaking operations in cold areas
- Global Times: Mainland military aircraft flying over the "Taihai Midline"? Hope is true
- Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- Apocalypse of Modern Naval War: Naval Competition in the Third Indo-Pakistani War
- Russia's biggest nightmare has come. NATO bayonets are approaching the country. How does Putin fight back?
- The U.S. Army showed off its new technology and advertised for China.
- The United States announced a major news, marking the world's heavyweight electromagnetic gun competition has decided the result!
- Internal exposure of domestic 039A submarine: dormitory like hard sleeper, kitchen with oven
- Clever design! The Syrian rebels captured the Russian military robots and just wanted to give the US military a loud noise.