late at night! The 41th Beidou satellite successfully launched2018-11-02 10:25:29 171 ℃
Original title: Late at night! The 41th Beidou satellite successfully launched
The launch site. Liang Shuyan photo
[Global Times-Global Network Reporter Liu Yang] The Global Times reporter learned from the China Satellite Navigation System Management Office that at 23:57 on November 1, 2018, China launched the satellite in Xichang. The center successfully launched the forty-one Beidou navigation satellite with the Long March III B carrier rocket. This satellite belongs to the geostationary orbit satellite and is the 17th satellite of the Beidou 3 system in China. It is also the first geostationary orbit satellite of the Beidou III system.
The satellite will successfully enter the scheduled orbit, and will be tested and tested later, and will be networked with the 16 Beidou-3 navigation satellites previously launched. According to the plan, two medium-Earth orbit satellites will be launched before the end of the year.
The launch site. Photograph by Liang Shuyan
The Beidou navigation satellite and supporting carrier rocket launched by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Group Co., Ltd. are jointly developed by the China Academy of Space Technology and the China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology. This is the 290th flight of the Long March series of launch vehicles.
According to Yang Changfeng, chief designer of Beidou satellite navigation system, the Beidou navigation satellite launched this time has three characteristics: First, the first geostationary orbit (GEO) satellite of the Beidou-3 system is also the 17th. A Beidou No. 3 network satellite. Second, the ability to achieve a substantial increase. The satellite will provide short message service (RDSS) with a capacity increase of 10 times, which means that it can be easily used by a large number of users. The power consumption of the user terminal receiver is reduced by 10 times, which makes the user's handheld terminal more portable and more compact. The third is to provide safe and reliable high-precision services. The satellite also offers Star Based Enhanced Services (SBAS), which will provide high-precision navigation services in accordance with international civil aviation standards while ensuring safe and continuous use of navigation services.
The launch site. Photo taken by Liang Shuyan
In addition, according to the China Satellite Navigation System Management Office, the International Committee for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (ICG) is on the basis of the completion of the basic system of the Beidou No. 3 and providing services for countries along the “Belt and Road”. The thirteenth conference will be held on November 5, 2018 in Xi'an, the ancient capital of the "Silk Road". This is the second time that China has successfully hosted the 7th ICG Conference in 2012.Editor: Wang Chuan 01
Guess you like
- 2019-02-09In this battle, the division commander did not fight a company with ten times the strength! It directly resulted in the total annihilation of 50,000 troops.
- 2019-01-31This is not an exercise! The Italian carrier was wounded by multiple rockets and the attackers were allies of the United States.
- 2018-12-24The United States signs an order to withdraw troops from Syria. Orderer: Matisse, who is leaving
- 2018-12-13Why is my country not equipped with grenade and grenade launchers? A small part is not fixed!
- 2018-12-03The loss of soldiers will be dismal: the US media counts 5 catastrophic wars in the United States
- 2018-11-17The Chinese Navy's 20,000-ton ship appeared in the East China Sea.
- 2018-11-14The first Aegis ship in history was sunk, and a large area of pollution was formed along the Norwegian coast.
- 2018-11-10New progress in military reform: new appearance of the PLA General Hospital
- 2018-11-07In the days when Wang Wei sacrificed 17 years, 7 months and 7 days, China had its own "Cobra" maneuver.
- 2018-11-06Who will not be happy? Zhuhai Air Show revealed a major news: 歼-20A will come out
- Apocalypse of Modern Naval War: Naval Competition in the Third Indo-Pakistani War
- Russia's biggest nightmare has come. NATO bayonets are approaching the country. How does Putin fight back?
- The U.S. Army showed off its new technology and advertised for China.
- The United States announced a major news, marking the world's heavyweight electromagnetic gun competition has decided the result!
- Internal exposure of domestic 039A submarine: dormitory like hard sleeper, kitchen with oven
- Clever design! The Syrian rebels captured the Russian military robots and just wanted to give the US military a loud noise.
- Church apprentice starved to death master? The Pakistani iron fighter can buy 7 million, and China can't open this price.
- 歼-20 patrol the South China Sea dream come true! The first flight of the oil-oil -20 was successful.
- Why is Japan’s “out of the cloud” class an aircraft carrier?
- Hang up! The Indian tank faced 2 times the Pakistani army but played a 1 to 10 battle loss ratio!