US-based "standard"-3 anti-missile test succeeded Russia claimed or subverted European strategic balance2018-12-13 20:25:34 192 ℃
Reference News Network reported on December 13 The US Defense News Weekly website published a report on December 11th entitled "The US Navy and Missile Defense Agency Shooting Space Medium-Range Ballistic Missiles".
The US Navy and Missile Defense Agency reaffirmed on the 11th and successfully shot down a medium-range ballistic missile target in space through the land-based Aegis anti-missile system based in Hawaii.
The report said that the test was the second consecutive successful completion of the "standard"-3IIA interceptor missile. Before this interception test, there was a success in October this year, which freed the shadow of two consecutive failures - one caused by the crew's operational mistakes and the other because of the failure of the third-stage rocket engine. According to some officials, the two failed tests were all going well before the accident, and it is hopeful that the target will be successfully intercepted.
The "standard"-3IIA missile was launched from the land-based "Aegis" system to successfully intercept medium-range ballistic missiles. (US "Defense News" weekly website)
Information picture: US military C-17 transport aircraft airdrop target. (Image courtesy of the network)
The Missile Defense Agency spokesperson Mark Wright said that the missile launched from Hawaii is far from the test site of the Kosovo Aegis anti-missile system from Kauai. One of the sensors sets the tracking trajectory.
The report said that Wright confirmed that the land-based Aegis anti-missile system did not track the target missiles from start to finish, which means that the missiles that were shot down were completely forwarded by non-self-contained sensors. In order to achieve the goal of successfully intercepting the target, this is the key capability of the Missile Defense Agency currently focused on research and development.
Profile picture: The anti-missile interception success picture taken by the ground remote infrared lens. (Image courtesy of the network)
The "Standard"-3IIA interceptor missile was jointly developed by the United States and Japan and is expected to be deployed to the US-based land-based "Aegis" sites in Romania and Poland, as well as the future. Such a site will be established in Japan - this makes it the cornerstone of the US short-range and medium-range missile defense strategy. Europe's land-based "Aegis" site has been a cause of tension between Russia and the United States. Russian President Vladimir Putin often criticized the system and accused the United States of attempting to use the system to subvert European strategic balance.
The report stated that this was the third success in the five interception tests conducted by the "Standard"-3IIA missile.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- 2019-02-09In this battle, the division commander did not fight a company with ten times the strength! It directly resulted in the total annihilation of 50,000 troops.
- 2019-01-31This is not an exercise! The Italian carrier was wounded by multiple rockets and the attackers were allies of the United States.
- 2018-12-24The United States signs an order to withdraw troops from Syria. Orderer: Matisse, who is leaving
- 2018-12-13Why is my country not equipped with grenade and grenade launchers? A small part is not fixed!
- 2018-12-03The loss of soldiers will be dismal: the US media counts 5 catastrophic wars in the United States
- 2018-11-17The Chinese Navy's 20,000-ton ship appeared in the East China Sea.
- 2018-11-14The first Aegis ship in history was sunk, and a large area of pollution was formed along the Norwegian coast.
- 2018-11-10New progress in military reform: new appearance of the PLA General Hospital
- 2018-11-07In the days when Wang Wei sacrificed 17 years, 7 months and 7 days, China had its own "Cobra" maneuver.
- US media: US cruiser broke into Liaoning Ship Forbidden Area and Chinese carrier captain scolded US military Colonel
- The front page of the military newspaper introduces the "blood wolf" of the special forces: undertaking operations in cold areas
- Global Times: Mainland military aircraft flying over the "Taihai Midline"? Hope is true
- Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- Apocalypse of Modern Naval War: Naval Competition in the Third Indo-Pakistani War
- Russia's biggest nightmare has come. NATO bayonets are approaching the country. How does Putin fight back?
- The U.S. Army showed off its new technology and advertised for China.
- The United States announced a major news, marking the world's heavyweight electromagnetic gun competition has decided the result!
- Internal exposure of domestic 039A submarine: dormitory like hard sleeper, kitchen with oven
- Clever design! The Syrian rebels captured the Russian military robots and just wanted to give the US military a loud noise.