Should fiber-optic guided missiles carry more than 10 kilometers of fiber? What should I do if the flight is broken?2018-12-15 20:25:00 465 ℃
The fiber-guided missile is a new type of missile developed since the 1990s. At present, there are not many models of fiber-guided missiles in the world, mainly the Israeli spike-ER and the German giants, and the Chinese red. Arrow-10.
China’s Red Arrow-10 missile, a heavy-duty multi-purpose anti-tank missile, with missile weight and American Hellfire Tank missiles are equivalent, no less than 50 kg. The Red Arrow-10 missile carries a fiber spool that is close to 4 pounds. The fiber-guided missiles carry a coil of fiber by themselves. The bobbin of the fiber is at the end of the tail, and the side is flying outwards. The length is the same as the maximum range. For example, the Red Arrow-10 missile has a range of 12 kilometers, and the missile has 12 kilometers of fiber.
The so-called fiber guidance mainly refers to the transmission mode of the guidance signal, not the detection and guidance mode of the seeker. The head of the fiber-guided missile is equipped with a television camera or an infrared imaging seeker, and the detection and guidance signals are transmitted bidirectionally by the fiber towed by the tail of the missile.
Take the Red Arrow-10 missile as an example. When the missile is launched, climb to a height of 200 or 300 meters and start. Cruise flight and fiber optics are applied at the rear to maintain the channel between the missile and the launch vehicle, so that the missile can transmit the TV/infrared image captured by the seeker and receive the control commands uploaded by the launch vehicle.
The green area above is the location of the fiber-optic guided missile storage fiber. The black cylinder in the figure below is the pay-off shaft of the fiber-guided missile.
The use of fiber optics to transmit a guided signal has many advantages. The guidance image data and control commands are transmitted inside the fiber through the laser beam, and there is no signal exposure or light electromagnetic signal radiation, which has strong attack concealment. The optical fiber can realize the guidance of "human being in the loop". The shooter can control the missile to change the flight path, change the aiming target, and enhance the tactical style and anti-interference ability of the missile while the missile is flying automatically and the autonomous end is found.
Fiber guidance can achieve non-line-of-sight guidance mode. The missile does not lock the target before launch, and can be uncertain in the target. In the case of blindness in the concealed state, the missile is first launched. When the missile flies over the target area, the ground target is searched through the optical seeker, and then the strike is made.
Because fiber-optic guided missiles need to place fiber optic and pay-off shafts at the rear of the missile, only mid-engines can be used. Side vents have a certain power loss. Another disadvantage of fiber-guided missiles is that they have a large dead weight. The missiles must carry more than 10,000 meters of fiber. In order to increase the strength, the fiber is wrapped with a composite structure. The weight of the fiber per kilometer is 150 grams, and the range of 12 kilometers of the Red Arrow-10 is 1.8 kilograms. Together with the pay-off device, the total weight of the guided transmission system exceeds 2 kilograms, which becomes an indefinite dead weight. The range has an adverse effect, so the maximum range of fiber-optic missiles is generally no more than 12 kilometers. Israel's long-nail missile, when developing a long-range spike with a range of up to 25 kilometers, canceled the original fiber-guided mode and changed the signal to the radio-encrypted data link because of the dead weight of the fiber.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- 2019-02-09In this battle, the division commander did not fight a company with ten times the strength! It directly resulted in the total annihilation of 50,000 troops.
- 2019-01-31This is not an exercise! The Italian carrier was wounded by multiple rockets and the attackers were allies of the United States.
- 2018-12-24The United States signs an order to withdraw troops from Syria. Orderer: Matisse, who is leaving
- 2018-12-13Why is my country not equipped with grenade and grenade launchers? A small part is not fixed!
- 2018-12-03The loss of soldiers will be dismal: the US media counts 5 catastrophic wars in the United States
- 2018-11-17The Chinese Navy's 20,000-ton ship appeared in the East China Sea.
- 2018-11-14The first Aegis ship in history was sunk, and a large area of pollution was formed along the Norwegian coast.
- 2018-11-10New progress in military reform: new appearance of the PLA General Hospital
- 2018-11-07In the days when Wang Wei sacrificed 17 years, 7 months and 7 days, China had its own "Cobra" maneuver.
- US media: US cruiser broke into Liaoning Ship Forbidden Area and Chinese carrier captain scolded US military Colonel
- The front page of the military newspaper introduces the "blood wolf" of the special forces: undertaking operations in cold areas
- Global Times: Mainland military aircraft flying over the "Taihai Midline"? Hope is true
- Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- Apocalypse of Modern Naval War: Naval Competition in the Third Indo-Pakistani War
- Russia's biggest nightmare has come. NATO bayonets are approaching the country. How does Putin fight back?
- The U.S. Army showed off its new technology and advertised for China.
- The United States announced a major news, marking the world's heavyweight electromagnetic gun competition has decided the result!
- Internal exposure of domestic 039A submarine: dormitory like hard sleeper, kitchen with oven
- Clever design! The Syrian rebels captured the Russian military robots and just wanted to give the US military a loud noise.