Fifty-six kilometers away, "Point killing"! US F-35 will be equipped with stealth gliding missiles to deter the Chinese and Russian navies2019-02-18 18:32:17 78 ℃
According to Jane's Defense Weekly website on February 8, Raytheon, one of the US arms giants, disclosed plans to purchase and equip a new long-range stealth air-to-ground Gliding Missile called JSOW-ER for the F-35C carrier stealth fighter. Since the U.S. Navy is preparing to deploy F-35C fighters in the Asia-Pacific region in 2021, the above procurement project deserves attention. So, what is the operational performance of this new stealth air-to-surface missile? What impact will the combination of F-35C stealth fighters have on the security situation in the Asia-Pacific region? This article makes a brief analysis of this.
Data Picture: U.S. Navy F-35C fighter dropped AGM-154C1 glide-guided bomb outside the defense zone.
may stealth and destroy warship new missile predecessor many times in actual combat
British "Jane's Defense Weekly" website on February 8 entitled "F-35A/C stealth fighter will get extended range joint defense zone outer space-to-ground missile" reports that the U.S. Naval Aviation Systems Command in a Raytheon AGM-154 "extended range joint defense zone attack weapon" (hereinafter referred to as JSOW-ER) In addition to equipped with Boeing F/A-18E/F "Super Hornet" carrier-based fighter aircraft, the air-to-ground missile will also be retrofitted so that it can be used in the U.S. Air Force and the international version of F-35A (land-based), as well as the U.S. Navy's F-35C carrier aircraft's built-in cabin, each F-35A/C can be equipped with up to two JSOW-ER missiles. The U.S. Navy's goal is to equip the F-35C with the missile by fiscal 2023.
AGM-154 Joint Defense Area Attack Ammunition Flight Video Screenshot.
JSOW-ER missile is actually the latest improvement of AGM-154 series of "Joint Defense Off-Zone Attack Weapons" (JSOW or "Jesso"). This series of ammunition was developed by Raytheon Company in the early 1990s. The early basic types (initially divided into three types: A, B and C, and ultimately only AGM-154C type, that is, single integrated warhead type, was successfully put into production) are long-range, powerless sliding. The flying guided bomb has the function of "no matter after launching". Its maximum range is 130 kilometers and it carries 483 kilograms of high explosive warhead. Its shape is optimized by stealth design, which is difficult to be found by enemy radar. In addition, it is powerless gliding to reach the target (low noise) and has a very strong stealth penetration ability.
in order to ensure the remote high-precision strike capability, JSOW adopted the three mode compound guidance mode of "GPS satellite navigation + inertial navigation + terminal infrared image", and achieved remarkable results in the testing phase. At that time, the F/A-18 test machine put a AGM-154C at 12 thousand kilometers from the target 92.7 kilometers, not only successfully destroyed the target, but also hit a 1.22 meter record accuracy. 。
JSOW was first put into operation in December 1998 during the US air raid against the "Desert Fox" in Iraq. A U.S. Navy F/A-18C Bumblebee launched three AGM-154C warplanes, all of which successfully hit and destroyed a SA-3 ground-to-air missile position in southern Baghdad. The first battle was successful. Since then, JSOW has achieved a series of results in the Kosovo War in 1999, the Afghanistan War in 2001 and the Iraq War in 2003. By 2006, the US military had dropped more than 400 JSOW bombs in actual combat. AGM-154C1, as the latest improved JSOW Series in service, adds a two-way link "data link 16" system, which enhances the bomb's ability to attack moving targets (warships) and "time-sensitive" targets at sea. The AGM-154C1 was delivered to the U.S. Navy in November 2017 and has operational capabilities. Raytheon's "Extended Range Joint Off-Zone Attack Weapon" (JSOW-ER) Gliding Missile photos.
JSOW was first put into operation in December 1998 during the US air raid against the "Desert Fox" in Iraq. A U.S. Navy F/A-18C Bumblebee launched three AGM-154C warplanes, all of which successfully hit and destroyed a SA-3 ground-to-air missile position in southern Baghdad. The first battle was successful. Since then, JSOW has achieved a series of results in the Kosovo War in 1999, the Afghanistan War in 2001 and the Iraq War in 2003. By 2006, the US military had dropped more than 400 JSOW bombs in actual combat.
AGM-154C1, as the latest improved JSOW Series in service, adds a two-way link "data link 16" system, which enhances the bomb's ability to attack moving targets (warships) and "time-sensitive" targets at sea. The AGM-154C1 was delivered to the U.S. Navy in November 2017 and has operational capabilities.
Raytheon's "Extended Range Joint Off-Zone Attack Weapon" (JSOW-ER) Gliding Missile photos."dual stealth combination" can threaten Chinese and Russian warships
from 560 kilometers away. The stealth Gliding Missile of JSOW-ER proposed by the US Navy is a new turbojet engine made by Hamilton-Sendersteland Company on the basis of AGM-154C1, which can increase its maximum range to 560 kilometers. This means that the F-35C stealth fighter with JSOW-ER missile can be evacuated from the maximum range of enemy S-400 long-range air defense missile system by directly dropping JSOW-E missile, which greatly improves the battlefield viability of the fighter, and at the same time increases the difficulty of the enemy air defense system intercepting such weapons.
This chart shows the maximum operational radius of F-35C and F/A-18E/F carrier aircraft. After equipped with JSOW-ER glider missile, the range of attack can continue to expand by 560 kilometers. In theory, carrier strike group can launch attacks from outside the range of enemy land-based ballistic missiles.
The US Navy plans to deploy two F-35C stealth fighter squadrons to the Asia-Pacific region in 2021 (accompanied by the simultaneous deployment of the nuclear-powered carrier Carl Vinson), a total of 24 F-35C stealth fighters. According to the calculation that one F-35C can be equipped with two JSOW-ER gliding missiles, two F-35C squadrons can attack at one time and theoretically attack 48 different targets (or 48 enemy warships) 560 kilometers away, which will undoubtedly pose a great threat to the naval forces and key land bases of China and Russia. (Wen/Huang Jinyi)
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- 2019-02-09In this battle, the division commander did not fight a company with ten times the strength! It directly resulted in the total annihilation of 50,000 troops.
- 2019-01-31This is not an exercise! The Italian carrier was wounded by multiple rockets and the attackers were allies of the United States.
- 2018-12-24The United States signs an order to withdraw troops from Syria. Orderer: Matisse, who is leaving
- 2018-12-13Why is my country not equipped with grenade and grenade launchers? A small part is not fixed!
- 2018-12-03The loss of soldiers will be dismal: the US media counts 5 catastrophic wars in the United States
- 2018-11-17The Chinese Navy's 20,000-ton ship appeared in the East China Sea.
- 2018-11-14The first Aegis ship in history was sunk, and a large area of pollution was formed along the Norwegian coast.
- 2018-11-10New progress in military reform: new appearance of the PLA General Hospital
- 2018-11-07In the days when Wang Wei sacrificed 17 years, 7 months and 7 days, China had its own "Cobra" maneuver.
- US media: US cruiser broke into Liaoning Ship Forbidden Area and Chinese carrier captain scolded US military Colonel
- The front page of the military newspaper introduces the "blood wolf" of the special forces: undertaking operations in cold areas
- Global Times: Mainland military aircraft flying over the "Taihai Midline"? Hope is true
- Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- Apocalypse of Modern Naval War: Naval Competition in the Third Indo-Pakistani War
- Russia's biggest nightmare has come. NATO bayonets are approaching the country. How does Putin fight back?
- The U.S. Army showed off its new technology and advertised for China.
- The United States announced a major news, marking the world's heavyweight electromagnetic gun competition has decided the result!
- Internal exposure of domestic 039A submarine: dormitory like hard sleeper, kitchen with oven
- Clever design! The Syrian rebels captured the Russian military robots and just wanted to give the US military a loud noise.