Can U.S. carriers really not be sunk? More confident that the remains of the Hornet will be found in China2019-02-18 18:32:25 62 ℃
The moment the USS was sunk in the water
A research vessel named "Haiyan" was recently found to be the wreckage of the USS "Bumblebee" (CV-8) sunk in the Pacific Ocean during World War II. According to a CBS documentary, the research vessel Seayan discovered a new sunken ship 3.3 miles below the surface of the South Pacific Ocean in its first mission in 2019, the Yorktown Bumblebee aircraft carrier (CV-8). The Bumblebee was abandoned after several air strikes by the Japanese in the Santa Cruz naval battle. The Japanese Navy tried to drag it back to Japan as a trophy to show, and finally sank after being hit by four Japanese Navy 93 heavy torpedoes.
The sinking of the World War II Hornet carrier has been discovered recently, the United States has announced that its active carrier is not sinkable, and insiders know that this is for China, because China's anti-intervention/regional rejection strategy (A2/AD) is almost exclusively aimed at striking aircraft carriers. At the same time, because of the rise of China's Dongfeng-21D and Dongfeng-26 anti-aircraft carrier ballistic missiles, the outside world once questioned whether it was necessary for countries to develop aircraft carriers. However, the United States will vigorously develop the CVN-78 "Ford" class aircraft carrier, coupled with the scientific sinking test on the CV-66 "United States" aircraft carrier. It has proved that it is very difficult to sink a modern aircraft carrier with strict "Aegis" system protection and anti-sinking design only by the existing conventional ammunition of the United States.
The scene of the Hornet being attacked
According to statistics, the United States had 12 aircraft carriers sunk during World War II, and after the end of the cold war, it had tested and sunk the CV-66 "United States" in 2005, so its own aircraft carriers had come. In fact, there were 13 aircraft carriers sunk in the United States. In the above report, the CV-8 Bumblebee, which was just found on the sea floor, is a heavy aircraft carrier sunk by Japan in World War II. According to statistics, the CV-8 Bumblebee was attacked four times by the Japanese fleet, with 15 torpedoes, more than 400 shells and a suicide plane hitting. It was hit continuously, causing the explosion of ammunition and fuel on the ship, which caused it to sink the next day. The carrier's full-load drainage is less than 30,000 tons.
fireball produced by the explosion of the USS when it was hit
The US military conducted the sinking test of the USS CV-66 "USA" carrier, which did not sink to the bottom until the 25th day, and it was still an unprotected carrier. So the U.S. Army asserts that modern carriers cannot be sunk! Nevertheless, the CV-66 American carriers did not carry ammunition and fuel, and the ammunition that the US military attacked was all ordinary missiles and bombs, and the tests were carried out in stages, so the conclusion was only valid for the US military. China's DF-21D and DF-26 anti-aircraft carrier ballistic missiles are equipped with warheads of more than 1 ton, plus a top-filling attack of about 6 times the speed of sound, such a degree of attack is not available to the U.S. Army, so the U.S. Army's conclusion is not applicable to China.
Chinese aircraft carrier is a combat system
It is a lie that American aircraft carrier can not be sunk in World War II, and now it is a new myth, which is deliberately fabricated to inspire the US military to intervene globally. Of course, for the purpose of war, the significance of sinking an aircraft carrier is more important, and by striking an aircraft carrier to lose its combat effectiveness, it can also receive the results it deserves. Therefore, it is of new significance that US carriers can not be sunk. As long as a US carrier is damaged and forced to withdraw from the battlefield, neither can the United States find an excuse for checking retaliation, nor can the United States deeply participate in intervention. This should be the best strategy that the Oriental Powers are trying to find to deal with foreign interference in the eastern and southern seas situation! ______
(Military Review by Chen Guangwen, 2019.02.18)
Guess you like
- 2019-02-09In this battle, the division commander did not fight a company with ten times the strength! It directly resulted in the total annihilation of 50,000 troops.
- 2019-01-31This is not an exercise! The Italian carrier was wounded by multiple rockets and the attackers were allies of the United States.
- 2018-12-24The United States signs an order to withdraw troops from Syria. Orderer: Matisse, who is leaving
- 2018-12-13Why is my country not equipped with grenade and grenade launchers? A small part is not fixed!
- 2018-12-03The loss of soldiers will be dismal: the US media counts 5 catastrophic wars in the United States
- 2018-11-17The Chinese Navy's 20,000-ton ship appeared in the East China Sea.
- 2018-11-14The first Aegis ship in history was sunk, and a large area of pollution was formed along the Norwegian coast.
- 2018-11-10New progress in military reform: new appearance of the PLA General Hospital
- 2018-11-07In the days when Wang Wei sacrificed 17 years, 7 months and 7 days, China had its own "Cobra" maneuver.
- 2018-11-06Who will not be happy? Zhuhai Air Show revealed a major news: 歼-20A will come out
- Apocalypse of Modern Naval War: Naval Competition in the Third Indo-Pakistani War
- Russia's biggest nightmare has come. NATO bayonets are approaching the country. How does Putin fight back?
- The U.S. Army showed off its new technology and advertised for China.
- The United States announced a major news, marking the world's heavyweight electromagnetic gun competition has decided the result!
- Internal exposure of domestic 039A submarine: dormitory like hard sleeper, kitchen with oven
- Clever design! The Syrian rebels captured the Russian military robots and just wanted to give the US military a loud noise.
- Church apprentice starved to death master? The Pakistani iron fighter can buy 7 million, and China can't open this price.
- 歼-20 patrol the South China Sea dream come true! The first flight of the oil-oil -20 was successful.
- Why is Japan’s “out of the cloud” class an aircraft carrier?
- Hang up! The Indian tank faced 2 times the Pakistani army but played a 1 to 10 battle loss ratio!