Global Chicken Rib Territory: No Development Value, Four Soldiers Garrisoned to Defend American Fishing Boats2019-04-07 08:02:59 91 ℃
As we all know, Russia's thirst for territory is close to "coming people do not refuse to refuse", but if it can "bring" it will not let go. The result of the snake swallowing elephant was that in the Crimean War of 1853, European countries launched a declaration of war against Russia, resulting in Russia having to sell Alaska (1717,700 square kilometers) to the United States, thus retreating to the Bering Sea and the Chukchi Sea in the Three Saints Bay. As a result, Frankel Island, which spans the eastern and Western hemispheres, has since become Russia's nearest island to the United States. Before the founding of the Soviet Union,
Frankel Island attracted much attention from Russia because of the northernmost land of the 180-degree longitude line. In 1911, the only monument in the world was set up on the island. However, after the founding of the Soviet Union, it became a notorious place for the exile of repeat criminals. The extreme climate of barely exceeding zero in the daytime and at the lowest temperature of minus 70 degrees Celsius led to the freezing death of nearly 1,000 celebrities. In order to maintain this front position of 7608 square kilometers, the Soviet Union immigrated to Eskimo Island in 1926 and lived there for a long time, but ultimately failed.
During the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union, the strategic significance of Frankel Island was far greater than the economic significance, but with the end of the Cold War, Frankel Island gradually became the "chicken rib" territory of Russia. According to the archaeological findings of modern scientists, Frankel Island was formed in the Quaternary Glacial Period, but was not covered by Arctic ice and snow in the process of plate compression. It is a rare clay landform island in the Arctic Circle and the most dense and diverse land of animals and plants in the Arctic Circle.
islands that need to pay a large amount of protection funds but can not get any benefits will not be the first choice for Soviet development, even though UNESCO has repeatedly urged the establishment of protected areas to be neglected. It wasn't until a group of American and Canadian poachers caught polar bears on the island when they unexpectedly found a large number of mammoth ivory that they attracted attention. Of course, the Soviets didn't care about the killing of polar bears, but the Americans broke into Soviet territory, so they sent troops back to work in the reserve.
Soviet warships will cruise at the beginning, declaring that there are safety guarantees in the sea area and encouraging fishing boats to go fishing. Within a few years, they have stopped cooking. Almost every year, fishing boats hit reefs or were trapped on the ice surface. The busiest thing is the Soviet ice-breaker. The largest number of rescue trips and trips in a year are not worth paying. In this way, Frankel Island was put aside. Even soldiers were reluctant to stay after the last inhabitant of the Eskimo was killed by a bear in 2003.In 2005, American fisheries encouraged fishermen to go to the Arctic Ocean of Alaska for fishing, because the fishing taste of the ice-cold sea is much better than that of the warm water zone. For a time, vast fishing boats set sail for the Bering Sea and the Chukchi Sea at the border with Russia. The fierce American fishermen often cross the line to Russia to steal. Russia has to re-garrison the island to prevent American fishermen from destructive or destructive fishing. Before the re-garrison of
, the Russian government dispatched an exploration team to investigate. As in the Soviet era, there were almost no oil and gas and mineral resources in this area, and its exploitable value was close to zero. Only four soldiers can be symbolically arranged to board the island to prevent American fishing boats, patrol the coastline every eight hours, and supply fresh water, food, fuel, etc. once a week by Russian warships. The conditions are very difficult.
The first batch of soldiers also fantasized about preparing to breed reindeer on the island. They were all killed by polar bears in less than half a year. Polar bears are also protected animals that UNESCO explicitly prohibits hunting and killing. Soldiers offered the Russian government a proposal for "proper killing of polar bears", but were eventually strongly rejected by the United Nations and asked for an "eight-week" defense exchange agreement, which would be painful for two months and double salaries and benefits. In other words, since Alaska was sold to the United States, Frankel Island has been Russia's most "chicken rib" polar island. It has no income whatsoever. Every few years, it has to spend a lot of money on garrisoning, and now warships have to run around and patrol. Thus aroused Western media ridicule: "If Russia will give up its territory, then Frankel Island is absolutely the first group to be abandoned."
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- 2019-02-09In this battle, the division commander did not fight a company with ten times the strength! It directly resulted in the total annihilation of 50,000 troops.
- 2019-01-31This is not an exercise! The Italian carrier was wounded by multiple rockets and the attackers were allies of the United States.
- 2018-12-24The United States signs an order to withdraw troops from Syria. Orderer: Matisse, who is leaving
- 2018-12-13Why is my country not equipped with grenade and grenade launchers? A small part is not fixed!
- 2018-12-03The loss of soldiers will be dismal: the US media counts 5 catastrophic wars in the United States
- 2018-11-17The Chinese Navy's 20,000-ton ship appeared in the East China Sea.
- 2018-11-14The first Aegis ship in history was sunk, and a large area of pollution was formed along the Norwegian coast.
- 2018-11-10New progress in military reform: new appearance of the PLA General Hospital
- 2018-11-07In the days when Wang Wei sacrificed 17 years, 7 months and 7 days, China had its own "Cobra" maneuver.
- US media: US cruiser broke into Liaoning Ship Forbidden Area and Chinese carrier captain scolded US military Colonel
- The front page of the military newspaper introduces the "blood wolf" of the special forces: undertaking operations in cold areas
- Global Times: Mainland military aircraft flying over the "Taihai Midline"? Hope is true
- Super Beautiful Eye Russian Navy's New Ocean Black Hole Launched in Long Legs to Encourage
- Apocalypse of Modern Naval War: Naval Competition in the Third Indo-Pakistani War
- Russia's biggest nightmare has come. NATO bayonets are approaching the country. How does Putin fight back?
- The U.S. Army showed off its new technology and advertised for China.
- The United States announced a major news, marking the world's heavyweight electromagnetic gun competition has decided the result!
- Internal exposure of domestic 039A submarine: dormitory like hard sleeper, kitchen with oven
- Clever design! The Syrian rebels captured the Russian military robots and just wanted to give the US military a loud noise.