The 10 startups died this year, as well as star companies.2017-12-07 00:27:36 89 ℃
(MIT science and Technology Review) has been launched online in Chinese and English versions of APP, annual subscriber weekly live technology English lecture hall, and science and technology English learning community. Oh,
, this year's Silicon Valley business circle is still bustling, some people are rising and others are falling down. Today, Mr. DT picked 10 this year in the fall of start-up companies, they come from different areas have different aura, has also been created outside placed high expectations, the most important is that they are dead in the company's best funded 10 companies, these companies raised a total risk the investment funds of up to $1 billion 695 million. But now, for a variety of reasons, these companies have to do with our say goodbye.
1.Beepi (2013 - February 2017)
total financing: $150 million
the highest Valuation: $560 million
the connection of second-hand car owners and buyers of the website, finally burned up all the money. DGDG, the other two competitors in the market, Fair.com and used car dealer DGDG hesitated for a long time, but eventually did not buy Beepi.
2.Quixey (2009 February 2017)
total financing: 133 million dollars
highest Valuation: 600 million dollars
, this is a platform that can search app by use. The company has been unable to find a stable revenue stream and slash off in February this year.
3.Yik Yak (2013 - April 2017)
total financing: $73 million
the highest Valuation: $400 million
Maple is a New York food delivery service company, has won the New York famous restaurant Momofuku founder David Chang injection. The service is characterized by the inclusion of tips and freight charges in the meal price, with a free high quality biscuit for each meal and transported to the door of the user's home. After stopping operation, the company was bought by a larger British food delivery company, Deliveroo.
5.Sprig (2013 - May 2017)
total financing: $57 million
the highest Valuation: $110 million
is similar to Maple, Sprig is a San Francisco based quickly for the characteristics of high quality food delivery company, its commitment to service user delivery in 15 minutes. However, compared to other competitors in the market (such as Seamless), the indirect cost of Sprig is quite high. On the eve of bankruptcy, CEO Gagan Biyani posted on Sprig website: "manage a high quality food production line, and ensure seamless delivery in a wide range, which is far more complicated than imagined."
6.Hello (2012 - June 2017)
total financing: $40 million
the highest Valuation: $300 million
, the Hard Suits Inc's flagship product is called Sense sleep tracking sensor. Unlike Apple Watch and other devices, it is a small device placed inside the house (see above). Sense has been on the Kickstarter and Target, BestBuy and other retail stores, but Hello has never been able to find the right buyer.
7.Jawbone (1997 - June 2017)
total financing: $1 billion
the highest Valuation: $3 billion
Jawbone CEO Hosain Rahman
Jawbone is |, wearable sports equipment industry big brother, but still can not bring profit to suppliers. CEO Hosain Rahman also rebuilt Jawbone Health Hub in the healthcare industry after its collapse, which seems to revive its virility in medical hardware / software.
8.Juicero (2013 - September 2017)
total financing: $119 million
the highest Valuation: $270 million
began raising money from 2013, while the Juicero Juicer was not invented until 2016. Investors do not know whether they can see or see. The original function of the machine priced at 400 dollars is to squeeze juice from the same juice bag sold by Juicero. The staff can easily substitute machine also defeated in the market, the final Juicero is not in the new round of financing continued in their mythology in the fruit of extrusion.
9.Raptr (2008 - September 2017)
total financing: $44 million
the highest Valuation: $170 million
Raptr was a game lovers and friends online interactive online + two place. But the gamer - based social platform is slowly fading after a growing number of game companies have launched similar social functions. In 2016, it also lifted an important partnership with AMD, a chip maker, and lost the opportunity to tie up its own app with AMD's image processing software.
10.Doppler Labs (2013 - November 2017) <
- In the previous：[share] the letter! This is the App you use a few moron?
- The next article：Your addiction, so Ma was isolated, no dinner?
Guess you like
- 2018-06-08Champions Li Yanhong and Liu Qiangdong's space-time confrontation
- 2018-06-08Compromise with employees and stop renewing with the Department of Defense. This is a story that only happens on Google.
- 2018-05-04Telecom operators, say goodbye to "packages"!
- 2018-05-04The mobile phone is very busy recently: Lei Jun visits not forget the show new machine Samsung boss learned from Xiaomi
- 2018-05-04Xiaomi officially listed in Hong Kong, A shares concept boiling! Full interpretation of the three highlights (with the list of the most benefited shares)
- 2018-05-03Xiaomi submits the IPO application or the first share of “shares with different rights” of Chenggang Stock Exchange
- 2018-05-02The pressure of the three major operators is soaring! Formally implemented on May 1st, speeding down or accelerating
- 2018-05-02China Unicom Announces that Tencent Wang Card has exceeded 100 million users
- 2018-05-02How large is the 128GB storage capacity and how many photos and games can be placed?
- 2018-05-02Peer iOS system: domestic mobile phone can finally do it!
- Never forget - the embassy of Yugoslavia was bombed 19 years ago!
- keep the change! I am the engineer of Xiaomi Gonghao 1001
- China Alumni Wealth List: Ma Huateng brings Tencent to rolling Beijing University, and Ma Yun brings his own school into the top three
- Annual salary fell 30 million companies evaporated 5.7 billion! Millet listed he may be the most lost
- Sword moment, the first AI textbook into the classroom! Behind this is a national-level grand strategy!
- The pressure of the three major operators is soaring! Formally implemented on May 1st, speeding down or accelerating
- ZTE: It will provide information to the United States according to procedures. Stocks continue to be suspended
- Apple will send 100 billion U.S. dollars to overseas shareholders this week.
- Taobao ads are suspected of gender discrimination and false propaganda. Alibaba's repeated mistakes are no longer tolerated by users.
- Rejected profits, parity in the end: Lei Jun made a decision to make friends