Foxconn Reducing Initial Investment in U.S. Plants Responds to $10 Billion U.S. Investment2018-05-24 08:45:40 134 ℃
Guo Mingming (right) and Trump
Fenghuang Wang Technology Co., Ltd. According to Nikkei Asia Review Beijing Time May 24 reported that Foxconn had previously announced plans to invest 10 billion US dollars in the construction of an LCD panel plant in Wisconsin. Informed sources said that Foxconn is now considering producing small and medium size LCD panels for Apple, automakers and other companies at the plant.
Foxconn originally planned to produce large-size LCD panels for televisions in new factories, but now consider producing various types of products for automobiles, PCs, tablets, mobile devices, televisions, and niche products. LCD panel. The production of large-size LCD panels will require a more complete local supply chain and a larger initial investment in equipment.
Foxconn responded by saying: "The company is firmly committed to this massive investment in the United States." Foxconn also said that the total investment of 10 billion U.S. dollars has not changed.
Foxconn plans to adjust itself as global panel makers face overcapacity in TV panels. With many Chinese companies such as BOE making great efforts to increase production, this excess capacity is likely to remain for several years.
Foxconn is Apple's largest supplier and one of the most well-known foreign companies that responded to US President Trump's "Made in America" program. Foxconn founder and chairman Terry Gou announced in July last year that he plans to build a $10 billion LCD panel factory in Wisconsin and create 13,000 jobs in the next four years. "Previously, Foxconn planned to build a 10.5-generation LCD panel manufacturing plant, which is more suitable for producing large-size screens," said supply chain sources. "But later, they found a 6-generation or 8.5-generation LCD panel factory. It is a more feasible and more efficient solution because they can transfer some equipment from Asia to the United States."
Eric Chiou, an analyst at WitsView, a market research company, said that he Also believe that Foxconn "is very likely to switch to production of small and medium-sized screens at the Wisconsin plant." "This is a reasonable adjustment, can significantly reduce the initial cost, faster return," he said.
He added that Foxconn’s new plant will still be dedicated to Apple’s iPHone supplies the screen, but it is still unknown whether the company can get orders from Apple. Compared with LG displays and Japanese monitors, Foxconn's Sharp Corporation is a small Apple supplier that supplies the iPhone with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch LCD screens.
However, Sharp is not a supplier of new iPhones that will be put into production later this year, nor does it produce panels for Apple MacBooks. In addition, the United States also lacks any local supply chain for the final assembly of consumer electronics devices, such as smartphones or laptops. (Compile / Rain)
More news, welcome to download Phoenix News client to subscribe to Phoenix.com. For in-depth reports, please search "iFeng Technology" by Wechat.
- In the previous：Never forget - the embassy of Yugoslavia was bombed 19 years ago!
- The next article：How do I lose my "friend"?
Guess you like
- 2018-09-21Meizu 16X, are you really doing this well?
- 2018-09-20Released in October did not run! Apple heavy new products re-exposure: full screen without bangs, interface changes
- 2018-09-19Nearly 100% screen share + Kirin 980! Glory Magic 2 re-exposure: screen fingerprint
- 2018-09-18The fastest in the country is not SF, but the biggest rival of SF, the growth rate is 3 times
- 2018-09-17Brush bus, brush subway, brush access control, omnipotent millet bracelet 3NFC version out of the box
- 2018-09-15The same price is the strongest! Meizu 16X camera configuration announced: super sensitive camera blessing
- 2018-09-12Millet 8s exposure: screen fingerprint + gradient color body, and Xiaomi MIX3 released on the same day?
- 2018-09-06Magic2 has been mass-produced. President of Glory recalls Huang Zhang: Can't eat grapes, say grape acid
- 2018-09-06Foreign media said Huawei GPU Turbo over-marketing Kirin 970 running data is suspected of deception
- 2018-09-06When the subway is hot, the mobile phone can't remove the battery. After the woman rushes down the subway, the mobile phone ignites and smokes.
- Implied that the new machine is four photos Lenovo mobile phone routines recognize Xiaomi 8 Youth Edition this time you won
- Meizu V8 first evaluation: How does Huang Zhang personally design the hundred yuan machine performance?
- iResearch responds to the loss of multiple executives: individual managers should assist the investigation at the request of relevant departments
- The official version of iOS 12 is online soon. Do you still believe that the new system is more fluid?
- The fight has skyrocketed, and the second echelon of China’s Internet has shuffled overnight!
- The next generation of full screen, reel phone is coming!
- Anhui industry and commerce talk about the three major operators: in addition to unlimited traffic, we must rectify the nickname
- Nokia's new machine exposure: five cameras on the back
- Is the refund deposit upgraded for the red card year card? Ofo suffered user intensive complaints
- Fast broadcast founder Wang Xin has established a blockchain company with a shareholding ratio of over 90%