Foxconn Reducing Initial Investment in U.S. Plants Responds to $10 Billion U.S. Investment2018-05-24 08:45:40 83 ℃
Guo Mingming (right) and Trump
Fenghuang Wang Technology Co., Ltd. According to Nikkei Asia Review Beijing Time May 24 reported that Foxconn had previously announced plans to invest 10 billion US dollars in the construction of an LCD panel plant in Wisconsin. Informed sources said that Foxconn is now considering producing small and medium size LCD panels for Apple, automakers and other companies at the plant.
Foxconn originally planned to produce large-size LCD panels for televisions in new factories, but now consider producing various types of products for automobiles, PCs, tablets, mobile devices, televisions, and niche products. LCD panel. The production of large-size LCD panels will require a more complete local supply chain and a larger initial investment in equipment.
Foxconn responded by saying: "The company is firmly committed to this massive investment in the United States." Foxconn also said that the total investment of 10 billion U.S. dollars has not changed.
Foxconn plans to adjust itself as global panel makers face overcapacity in TV panels. With many Chinese companies such as BOE making great efforts to increase production, this excess capacity is likely to remain for several years.
Foxconn is Apple's largest supplier and one of the most well-known foreign companies that responded to US President Trump's "Made in America" program. Foxconn founder and chairman Terry Gou announced in July last year that he plans to build a $10 billion LCD panel factory in Wisconsin and create 13,000 jobs in the next four years. "Previously, Foxconn planned to build a 10.5-generation LCD panel manufacturing plant, which is more suitable for producing large-size screens," said supply chain sources. "But later, they found a 6-generation or 8.5-generation LCD panel factory. It is a more feasible and more efficient solution because they can transfer some equipment from Asia to the United States."
Eric Chiou, an analyst at WitsView, a market research company, said that he Also believe that Foxconn "is very likely to switch to production of small and medium-sized screens at the Wisconsin plant." "This is a reasonable adjustment, can significantly reduce the initial cost, faster return," he said.
He added that Foxconn’s new plant will still be dedicated to Apple’s iPHone supplies the screen, but it is still unknown whether the company can get orders from Apple. Compared with LG displays and Japanese monitors, Foxconn's Sharp Corporation is a small Apple supplier that supplies the iPhone with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch LCD screens.
However, Sharp is not a supplier of new iPhones that will be put into production later this year, nor does it produce panels for Apple MacBooks. In addition, the United States also lacks any local supply chain for the final assembly of consumer electronics devices, such as smartphones or laptops. (Compile / Rain)
More news, welcome to download Phoenix News client to subscribe to Phoenix.com. For in-depth reports, please search "iFeng Technology" by Wechat.
- In the previous：Never forget - the embassy of Yugoslavia was bombed 19 years ago!
- The next article：How do I lose my "friend"?
Guess you like
- 2018-06-08Champions Li Yanhong and Liu Qiangdong's space-time confrontation
- 2018-06-08Compromise with employees and stop renewing with the Department of Defense. This is a story that only happens on Google.
- 2018-05-04Telecom operators, say goodbye to "packages"!
- 2018-05-04The mobile phone is very busy recently: Lei Jun visits not forget the show new machine Samsung boss learned from Xiaomi
- 2018-05-04Xiaomi officially listed in Hong Kong, A shares concept boiling! Full interpretation of the three highlights (with the list of the most benefited shares)
- 2018-05-03Xiaomi submits the IPO application or the first share of “shares with different rights” of Chenggang Stock Exchange
- 2018-05-02The pressure of the three major operators is soaring! Formally implemented on May 1st, speeding down or accelerating
- 2018-05-02China Unicom Announces that Tencent Wang Card has exceeded 100 million users
- 2018-05-02How large is the 128GB storage capacity and how many photos and games can be placed?
- 2018-05-02Peer iOS system: domestic mobile phone can finally do it!
- Never forget - the embassy of Yugoslavia was bombed 19 years ago!
- keep the change! I am the engineer of Xiaomi Gonghao 1001
- China Alumni Wealth List: Ma Huateng brings Tencent to rolling Beijing University, and Ma Yun brings his own school into the top three
- Annual salary fell 30 million companies evaporated 5.7 billion! Millet listed he may be the most lost
- Sword moment, the first AI textbook into the classroom! Behind this is a national-level grand strategy!
- The pressure of the three major operators is soaring! Formally implemented on May 1st, speeding down or accelerating
- ZTE: It will provide information to the United States according to procedures. Stocks continue to be suspended
- Apple will send 100 billion U.S. dollars to overseas shareholders this week.
- Taobao ads are suspected of gender discrimination and false propaganda. Alibaba's repeated mistakes are no longer tolerated by users.
- Rejected profits, parity in the end: Lei Jun made a decision to make friends