Foxconn Reducing Initial Investment in U.S. Plants Responds to $10 Billion U.S. Investment2018-05-24 08:45:40 189 ℃
Guo Mingming (right) and Trump
Fenghuang Wang Technology Co., Ltd. According to Nikkei Asia Review Beijing Time May 24 reported that Foxconn had previously announced plans to invest 10 billion US dollars in the construction of an LCD panel plant in Wisconsin. Informed sources said that Foxconn is now considering producing small and medium size LCD panels for Apple, automakers and other companies at the plant.
Foxconn originally planned to produce large-size LCD panels for televisions in new factories, but now consider producing various types of products for automobiles, PCs, tablets, mobile devices, televisions, and niche products. LCD panel. The production of large-size LCD panels will require a more complete local supply chain and a larger initial investment in equipment.
Foxconn responded by saying: "The company is firmly committed to this massive investment in the United States." Foxconn also said that the total investment of 10 billion U.S. dollars has not changed.
Foxconn plans to adjust itself as global panel makers face overcapacity in TV panels. With many Chinese companies such as BOE making great efforts to increase production, this excess capacity is likely to remain for several years.
Foxconn is Apple's largest supplier and one of the most well-known foreign companies that responded to US President Trump's "Made in America" program. Foxconn founder and chairman Terry Gou announced in July last year that he plans to build a $10 billion LCD panel factory in Wisconsin and create 13,000 jobs in the next four years. "Previously, Foxconn planned to build a 10.5-generation LCD panel manufacturing plant, which is more suitable for producing large-size screens," said supply chain sources. "But later, they found a 6-generation or 8.5-generation LCD panel factory. It is a more feasible and more efficient solution because they can transfer some equipment from Asia to the United States."
Eric Chiou, an analyst at WitsView, a market research company, said that he Also believe that Foxconn "is very likely to switch to production of small and medium-sized screens at the Wisconsin plant." "This is a reasonable adjustment, can significantly reduce the initial cost, faster return," he said.
He added that Foxconn’s new plant will still be dedicated to Apple’s iPHone supplies the screen, but it is still unknown whether the company can get orders from Apple. Compared with LG displays and Japanese monitors, Foxconn's Sharp Corporation is a small Apple supplier that supplies the iPhone with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch LCD screens.
However, Sharp is not a supplier of new iPhones that will be put into production later this year, nor does it produce panels for Apple MacBooks. In addition, the United States also lacks any local supply chain for the final assembly of consumer electronics devices, such as smartphones or laptops. (Compile / Rain)
More news, welcome to download Phoenix News client to subscribe to Phoenix.com. For in-depth reports, please search "iFeng Technology" by Wechat.
- In the previous：Never forget - the embassy of Yugoslavia was bombed 19 years ago!
- The next article：How do I lose my "friend"?
Guess you like
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- 2018-12-27How to evaluate the glory V20? - A product that makes competitors sad in the winter!
- 2018-12-24Android Q is coming! But is your Xiaomi Huawei eating the Android party for mobile phones?
- 2018-12-23Mobile phone signal is not good? China Mobile officially announced 5 solutions
- 2018-12-23Didi has tried to acquire theo file with a valuation of 2 billion US dollars. Ali has no veto power.
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."
- Ruixing Coffee responded with a loss of over 800 million in one year: it will not become the next ofo
- Apple iOS 13 first exposure!
- Xiaomi is about to grab the "first-year machine" heat, and the products to be released are full of surprises!
- Is Meizu stable? Zhuhai SASAC and Alibaba will inject Meizu
- Chairman of Huawei made the first talk about Meng Zhouzhou today.