Juvenile hacker invaded Apple to download 1TB of data and was sentenced to probation for 8 months2018-09-28 10:25:23 40 ℃
Netease Technology News September 28, according to foreign media reports, a teenage Australian teenager repeatedly invaded Apple in a few months ( Apple Inc.) system and downloaded relevant sensitive data. On Thursday, when the court learned that he was very fascinated by Apple and found that he was addicted to visiting the Apple Internet, the adult hacker was sentenced to eight months' probation by the court and escaped the jail.
A judge told the Children’s Court that the hacker was only 16 years old at the start of the attack but is now an adult. The defendant invaded Apple's internal system and replicated the relevant data and authentication keys. Apple discovered that the system was invaded and contacted the FBI. The Australian police then raided the hacker's home.
"Your crime is very serious," the judge told the hacker. According to Australia’s law protecting the identity of juvenile offenders, the name of this boy cannot be made public. “This is a sustained, complex and successful attack on the security of a large multinational company,” she said. The hacker pleaded guilty to two of the court’s allegations and was sentenced to eight months’ probation.
The judge said that the hacking took place between June 2015 and November 2016 and April 2017.
The charm of Apple
The hacker’s lawyer argued that all of this behavior was due to his obsession with Apple and “for information technology. Love." When interviewed by the police, the defendant stated that the motive for part of the act was “pretending to be a member of the company” and that access to the Apple Network was already addictive, as lawyers pointed out.
According to Australian law, in order to protect the identity of the defendant, the names of other parties in the case and the exact location of the court will not be disclosed.
Apple said that the customer’s personal data was not compromised, and that Apple employees discovered unauthorized access, controlled it, and reported it to law enforcement. “We guarded our network with vigilance,” the company said in an e-mailed statement.
The judge said that the hacker used a virtual private network used by authorized personnel to remotely connect to Apple's internal system. With the help of another young man, he later sent a computer script to the system, creating a secure shell tunnel—a way to access the system and bypass the firewall—to enable it to delete data faster. The judge said that during the invasion of Apple's network, the teenager was able to access internal security policies and save the authentication key.
The judge said that after the attack was discovered and blocked in November 2016, the defendant and the second person last year Successfully regained access to the Apple system.
In a search of the teenager’s home, the investigators found two Apple MacBook laptops and a hard drive containing a folder called Hacky Hack Hack Exclude, which contained 12 A document that penetrates or bypasses Apple's security measures. A prosecutor said at an earlier hearing that Australian investigators found about 1 terabyte of data copied from the Apple system, "very sensitive from a privacy and business perspective."
The prosecutor told the court on Thursday that an investigation by the Australian police may lead to other people being questioned or sued. The Australian Federal Police said in an e-mailed statement that evidence against another teenager had been sent to the federal prosecutor's office.
The judge stated that one of the allegations in this case involved unauthorized and reckless modification of data, and that an adult could be sentenced to a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment, while a second offence without unauthorized access to the data was the highest. Was sentenced to two years in prison.
She said that the court was entitled to two years in prison for one allegation and 12 months in prison for another.
The judge said in court that the sentence for young people was mainly to make them rehabilitated. The defendant had expressed remorse and cooperated with the authorities. (晗冰)
- In the previous：Red rice Note6 Pro release: Liu Haiping + four photos before and after, the back design is bright!
- The next article：Didi announced "Drip into Japan"
Guess you like
- 2018-09-27China Mobile announces good news: the era of traffic cabbage prices has come
- 2018-09-21Meizu 16X, are you really doing this well?
- 2018-09-20Released in October did not run! Apple heavy new products re-exposure: full screen without bangs, interface changes
- 2018-09-19Nearly 100% screen share + Kirin 980! Glory Magic 2 re-exposure: screen fingerprint
- 2018-09-18The fastest in the country is not SF, but the biggest rival of SF, the growth rate is 3 times
- 2018-09-17Brush bus, brush subway, brush access control, omnipotent millet bracelet 3NFC version out of the box
- 2018-09-15The same price is the strongest! Meizu 16X camera configuration announced: super sensitive camera blessing
- 2018-09-12Millet 8s exposure: screen fingerprint + gradient color body, and Xiaomi MIX3 released on the same day?
- 2018-09-06Magic2 has been mass-produced. President of Glory recalls Huang Zhang: Can't eat grapes, say grape acid
- 2018-09-06Foreign media said Huawei GPU Turbo over-marketing Kirin 970 running data is suspected of deception
- Zhang Yong and Jia Yueting: A parting classmate’s parting ways
- Writing a program is like writing poetry. Lei Jun’s programming dream is presented in another way after 30 years.
- The minimum is 1713 yuan! Office 2019 officially released: compatible with Apple computers
- Meizu 16x renewed its life, but why should 16 out of the Aurora Blue new color, suicide!
- Implied that the new machine is four photos Lenovo mobile phone routines recognize Xiaomi 8 Youth Edition this time you won
- Meizu V8 first evaluation: How does Huang Zhang personally design the hundred yuan machine performance?
- iResearch responds to the loss of multiple executives: individual managers should assist the investigation at the request of relevant departments
- The official version of iOS 12 is online soon. Do you still believe that the new system is more fluid?
- The fight has skyrocketed, and the second echelon of China’s Internet has shuffled overnight!
- The next generation of full screen, reel phone is coming!