Apple's sales record is broken but fewer people buy, and sales data will stop being announced.2018-11-03 10:25:04 68 ℃
At 5 am Beijing time, Apple just released the second autumn conference and announced the third natural season of the 2018 fiscal year (the first Fourth quarter) earnings report.
The financial report shows that in the past quarter, Apple's revenue was US$62.9 billion, up 20% year-on-year, and net profit was US$14.125 billion, up 32%. International sales accounted for 61% of total revenue, with Greater China revenue of $11.11 billion.
This is a record-breaking profit, with a quarterly profit more than Alibaba and Tencent’s most recent fiscal year.
But Apple’s most critical three major hardware sales have not met expectations, with iPhone sales of 46.9 million units, lower than analysts’ expectations of 48.4 million units; fourth quarter iPad sales of 9.7 million units and Mac sales of 5.3 million units. Sales of both iPad and Mac are now negative, with iPhone growth of zero, compared with 46.677 million iPhone sales in the same period last year.
This shows that Apple’s revenue increase is not because more people buy new equipment, but because products sell more expensive. With the iPhone X, the average selling price (ASP) of the iPhone rose from $618 a year ago to $793.
What worries the market is the fourth quarter of the shopping season, such as Black Friday and Christmas. Apple's revenue guidance is lower than market expectations: Apple expects the company's revenue in the last three months of this year to be $89 billion to $93 billion, far below analysts' previous estimate of Apple's reach of $84.01 billion to $98.54 billion.
In a conference call, Apple CEO Cook attributed some of the impact to weaker emerging markets, and Apple gave cautious sales forecasts.
At the same time, Apple said that from the next fiscal year, sales data for iPhone, iPad and Mac will not be released in detail, and only sales will be announced. This shows that Apple wants the outside world to pay more attention to how much it earns, rather than how many people change new products.
Dan Morgan, senior portfolio manager at Synovus Trust, said that this reflects that Apple’s unit sales may remain flat or even decline in some periods, and its revenue growth is mainly due to equipment The price rose and rose.
At the end of the conference call, Finance Director Luca Maestri responded to the reasons for not releasing sales. “Our financial performance in recent years has proven that the number of units sold during any 90-day period does not necessarily represent a potential advantage for our business. Now, the impact of sales data on Apple is no longer as great as it used to be.”< p> Apple's previous conference, the first thing to start is to tell the iPhone sales growth.
Cook said, "It’s like you go to the supermarket to buy things. You push the full shopping cart to the checkout counter. The cashier asks you how many things are in the car, but it doesn't matter. As far as the total value of the items in the shopping cart is concerned, how many items there are not important."
The price of new iPhone products continues to increase this year, and the cheapest XR is sold to the iPhone 8 Plus last year. Level. However, due to the release date in October, this financial report does not include its performance.
When Wall Street had been worried that the iPhone XR would affect the higher-priced XS sales, on the conference call, Cook said that so far, there is no indication that customers are no longer buying iPhone XS and XS Max. Instead, just consider buying an iPhone XR.
The iPad and Mac don't perform as well as the iPhone. The newly released iPad Pro and MacBook Air are clearly not in this earnings report. Last quarter, Apple sold 9.7 million iPads, down 6.1% from last year. Tablet PC revenues fell 15% to $4.09 billion.
Mac sales have also fallen, and despite the mid-year upgrade of the MacBook Pro, sales were only 5.3 million units, down 1.6% from the previous year. However, as the average selling price of computers also increased, Mac revenues increased by 3.4% to reach $7.4 billion.
Apple’s “other products” (including AirPods and Apple Watch) increased revenue by 31% to $4.2 billion.
Apple’s service revenue continues to grow. The financial report shows that Apple’s services, including App Store, Apple Music and iCloud, recorded a record high of $9.98 billion in the past quarter. According to FactSet and StreetAccount, this is a 17% increase over the same period last year, but slightly lower than Wall Street's estimated $10.2 billion.
After the earnings report, Apple's share price fell to 7% after the close, closing at -6.48%, during which the market value was once less than $1 trillion.
At this point, the US tech giants FAANG (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google) were all frustrated.
Guess you like
- 2018-12-17What does the HD next to the 4G signal on the phone screen mean? What is the different experience of this business?
- 2018-12-15The netizen is angry! Dress up a foreigner to refund the deposit, ofo refund the apology letter
- 2018-12-14Is it a fact that the iPhone X and other OLED screens are blinking? This app is the real eye protection!
- 2018-12-13Luo Yonghao resigned from the hammer digital legal person, chairman position, all products of the official website are out of stock
- 2018-12-12Tencent Music IPO issuance price of 13 US dollars, valuation of 21.3 billion US dollars
- 2018-12-10US space travel company will build a space luxury hotel for a cost of $9.5 million
- 2018-12-10Hangzhou snowing, I chatted with Ma Yun for one night.
- 2018-12-09Xiaomi Note4 is stable! Xiaolong 845+48 million camera, Lei Jun released Huawei photo star
- 2018-12-05Huang Zhangsan combo and sarcasm hole screen: a more perfect solution is no bangs without black scorpion, ice clear jade
- 2018-12-05Razer released 2019 Spirit Blade Sneak: Added MX150 alone, starting at $1,399
- Gaode map released v8.80 new version: motorcycle navigation on line 39 city
- Tencent Music Listing "Tencent Department" listed in the New Year
- Screen fingerprints, 91% screen ratio, these mobile phone black technology became standard in 2018
- US space travel company will build a space luxury hotel for a cost of $9.5 million
- The first trip to the back of the moon in human history! The trip to the 4th was arranged to be clear...
- Starting at 2.3 billion yuan, Le Shi's Shimao Gong 3 project will be auctioned
- China's first domestic quantum computer control system was born
- 12306 Will the oxen be rubbed on the ground this time?
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ full-scale renderings released!
- WeChat friends circle is not clear, finally saved