Yu Minhong said that the United States does not authorize Huawei to make chips. Is this really true?2018-11-06 20:25:06 162 ℃
"There is no US patented technology, Huawei can not produce a mobile phone." This is like saying that "no C Ronaldo, Real Madrid will not win the Champions League three consecutive championships", this sentence is no problem, he did not tell you The United States can only produce mobile phones/chips on its own. Why do you say this, this needs to start from the production process of the chip, see the following picture:
One chip is in Before the production, we must design. Now the digital logic chip can't move billions of transistors. It is impossible to draw by hand. It needs EDA tools to assist the design. The design is divided into the front end and the back end. The most commonly heard is the HDL code. These EDAs The tools seem to be all in the United States; the chips need to have an instruction set, the mobile phone industry is mainly licensed from ARM, ARM is a British company and later acquired by Softbank; with the instruction set, we need to design the micro-architecture, which is what we often say. Cortex-A76, Adreno630 and other things, currently a lot of IP on the Hisilicon chip is designed by themselves, but the CPU, GPU is not, there are many small IP is not, these are the authorization to buy; These are digital logic chips, in addition to analog chips.
If these are all, baseband is needed, and the patents in baseband are almost monopolized in Qualcomm in the 3G era, 4G There are many patents in the era, but the number and quality of Huawei's patents are slowly coming up. Apple also has some patents authorized by Huawei. In the future, the proportion of patents of 5G Huawei will be further expanded. US manufacturers also need to obtain Huawei's patent license. These patents are available. It is a standard essential patent for communication and must be paid and cannot be circumvented.
According to the latest license registration information published by the State Intellectual Property Office, last year, Huawei licensed 769 patents to Apple, and Apple licensed 98 patents to Huawei
Once it is done, it is necessary to cooperate with the FAB factory to realize the physical layout. The GDSII file format is handed over to the FAB factory to make the actual circuit on the wafer silicon wafer, and then the packaging test, and finally we can get the chip we can see. . At present, advanced process technology is in the hands of TSMC, Samsung and Intel, and Intel is still slightly behind. These Fab manufacturers have to produce these equipments. The most difficult thing here is the lithography machine. The lithography machine that produces these advanced chips can only be produced by ASML in the Netherlands. One machine is worth hundreds of millions of euros. The core of the lithography machine is the light source and lens. The light source is a US company Cymer (acquired by ASML), and the lens is ZEISS (ASML also shares). ASML is the essence of the wisdom of the whole human being. It can't be done by the United States itself. Without this lithography machine FAB factory, it has to stop working. Of course, there are etching machines on the production line. This country is not bad, but don't confuse, news. The reported breakthroughs in China are that the etching machine is not a lithography machine, and the technical content is not a level. The drawings are available, the machine is there, and the active materials are available. This material is silicon wafer. Everyone knows that the source material is sand, but who made it? Take the most popular 12-inch wafer factory as an example. This market is also monopolized by several companies. There is neither mainland China nor the United States. Including Japan's Shin-Etsu, Japan's Mitsubishi Sumitomo SUMCO, Global Wafer (Taiwan), Germany's Siltronic, South Korea's SKSiltronic, these five major suppliers include about 90% of the market share.
About the general combing, you will find that the United States itself can not produce, so Yu Minhong said that it is very misleading. . But then again, the semiconductor technology in the United States is much too much ahead of us. Any Chinese manufacturer can't stand the US ban, including Huawei, and the gap still needs to be seen. Compared with the world's semiconductor industry chain, mainland China is really not very important. Without mainland China, the only problem with US mobile phone chips is the authorization of some communication patents. That's it.
This is very clear about Ren Zhengfei. Here is the internal speech of Ren Zhengfei this year
The gap between us and the United States is estimated to be impossible to eliminate in the next 20-30 years or even 50-60 years. The ability of the United States to lead the world is still very strong. However, we have to narrow the gap to "we want to survive." This was the minimum program in the past, and now this is our highest program. Keep your mind clear at all times, don't be a little successful, and you will be motivated.
So those who are arguing that Huawei is invincible are calm and calm. The world is where you have me and me. A chip is like this, not to mention the mobile phone, you look at the iPhone's industrial chain, not from the Chinese apple.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Jia Yueting's life and death in car building
- 2019-03-01Behind Faraday's future shutdown: the founder of layoffs and pay cuts left, Commander Jia Yueting Chengguang
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- 2018-12-27How to evaluate the glory V20? - A product that makes competitors sad in the winter!
- 2018-12-24Android Q is coming! But is your Xiaomi Huawei eating the Android party for mobile phones?
- People who watch mobile phones for more than eight hours a day are not idle, but poor.
- The most supportive Ericsson in the United States, 5G orders are less than half of Huawei's, the CEO sold out miserably?
- Why can't Japan's mobile phone industry rise?
- Survey of Huaqiang North Guanpu Tide in Shenzhen: Some people make millions of dollars a year, and some people pass 9 ports to 2 ports...
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."
- Ruixing Coffee responded with a loss of over 800 million in one year: it will not become the next ofo