Does Zhang Shou’s research have anything to do with the chip?2018-12-07 10:25:01 147 ℃
On the 6th, Chinese physicist Professor Zhang Shoujun’s family issued a statement that Zhang Shouyi died unexpectedly on the 1st after a tenacious confrontation with depression.
Almost everyone is shocked, so "conspiracy "On the dust again.
Some people listed a series of plausible time nodes, and it seems that the death of Zhang Shouyi seems to be inextricably linked with the chip industry. Even the fire of the ASML supplier in the Netherlands on December 3 has become a part of conspiracy theory.
There is a media outlet in the rumor that Zhang Shouyi’s research is not directly related to the chip.
It can be said that there is no direct relationship, but it does matter.
Zhangshou’s data map
Zhang Shouyi's two main contributions, one is to discover the quantum spin Hall effect, and the other is to propose the theory of topological insulators.
These are related to the information technology industry.
Zhang Shouyi once used an analogy: the movement of electrons in the chip, as if a sports car was driving in the market. They ran wildly, rambling, and the route was crooked; they continually collided, consuming energy and generating heat.
The notebook has been working for a long time, and you can feel it is hot, which is the reason.
But under extremely low temperature and strong magnetic fields, electrons can maintain an orderly motion. So, can you let the electronics run in the same way on a one-way lane under normal conditions, like the cars on the highway?
Zhang Shouyi proposed the theoretical prediction of the quantum spin Hall effect. In 2007, the laboratory of the University of Würzburg in Germany confirmed the quantum spin Hall effect and successfully experimented with mercury-deuterated semiconductor materials.
When electrons are no longer ramped, energy loss can be greatly reduced. This opens up a possibility to create new, low-power spintronic computing devices.
Ten years ago, Zhang Shouyi said in an interview with the Science and Technology Daily that he hopes to achieve this effect on the usual semiconductor silicon materials, in the next 5-10 years. The effect may be directly applied to the chip industry. The heat dissipation problem is solved and the energy consumption of the transistor is reduced, and the life of Moore's Law can be extended.
However, from today's point of view, Moore's Law does not go to the end so quickly, and his discovery is not applied to the industry so quickly.
Let's look at the topological insulator.
The physics knowledge of junior high school tells us that materials are divided into conductors and insulators according to their different conductive properties. Topological insulators can be intrinsically insulated and conductive on the surface because of the "extraordinary" movement of electrons. Zhang Shouyi believes that this will become a new material to replace semiconductors.
"After our technology is implemented, your mobile phone needs to be charged once a week or a month." Zhang said.
In November of this year, Professor Wang Bing and Associate Professor of the National Research Center of Hefei Microscale Material Science, University of Science and Technology of China, Zhao Aidi, research team and assistant professor of Tsinghua University, Xu Yong, Professor Duan Wenhui and Zhang Shouyi In cooperation, a single layer of tin-nitene with a flat honeycomb structure was successfully prepared, and its topological energy band inversion and topological boundary state were confirmed by first-principles calculation.
Related reports indicate that tin ene is an ideal The large-gap two-dimensional topological insulator is expected to realize the room temperature quantum spin Hall effect, which is of great significance in the application of topological electronics.
However, Zhang Shouyi himself said that tinene is currently mainly in the laboratory stage, and there is still a distance from the application of mass production. He also said in 2017 that he hopes that the topological insulators will be industrialized in the next 5 to 10 years.
So, Professor Zhang Shoujun’s research is not related to the chip. He is researching future chip materials rather than specific chip technologies. In fact, these basic researches of Zhang Shouyi, if they can move from theory to application and from laboratory to industrialization, may indeed lead the next revolution in information technology.
But, objectively, it really takes time. Experts in the chip field told the Science and Technology Daily reporter that the time required is really not short.
As for the fire of ASML, the attention of netizens is somewhat offset.
On the evening of December 3, Prodrive, a component supplier of Dutch lithography giant ASML, had a sudden fire. ASML expected that the fire might affect early 2019. Shipping plan.
Prodrive Factory Fire
ASML is the core light of many large computer chip manufacturers around the world Engraving suppliers, major customers include Intel, Samsung and TSMC. The precision of the lithography machine determines the upper limit of the chip, and ASML monopolizes the top lithography machine.
But note that this is not ASML's own fire, nor does it have the problem of destroying Chinese customer orders. Not only Chinese companies are affected, I am afraid that the most sad tears are ASML itself.
Some things do happen, and there is a sequence in the time nodes; but before and after, it is not necessarily causal, which is the common sense of scientific thinking. Linking events that happen independently creates an “meaningful” atmosphere that attracts attention but does not necessarily respect the truth.
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The two Shanxi boss companies once stirred the A-shares, and now one is stranded in the United States and detained.
- 2019-08-07The highest drop is 300 yuan! Xiaomi's top flagship: 8G+128G+ screen fingerprint + 20W wireless fast charge
- 2019-04-01Jia Yueting's life and death in car building
- 2019-03-01Behind Faraday's future shutdown: the founder of layoffs and pay cuts left, Commander Jia Yueting Chengguang
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- Xiaomi MIUI 10 development version on-line dual clock function: overseas travel essential
- People who watch mobile phones for more than eight hours a day are not idle, but poor.
- The most supportive Ericsson in the United States, 5G orders are less than half of Huawei's, the CEO sold out miserably?
- Why can't Japan's mobile phone industry rise?
- Survey of Huaqiang North Guanpu Tide in Shenzhen: Some people make millions of dollars a year, and some people pass 9 ports to 2 ports...
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."