Is this mobile phone brand that once famous all over the world really going to disappear?2018-12-29 18:33:10 71 ℃
"Lifegirl is like Wang Xuehong", which was circulated 8 years ago A word from the entrepreneurial circle.
Today, it is widely said that there is not much time left for Wang Xuehong.
It has been rumored that HTC’s mobile phones in Tmall’s official flagship store have all been removed. Huashangjun deliberately tested, Tmall flagship store and Jingdong flagship store, HTC mobile phones are all off the shelf, click on the link to enter the "out of stock" status.
In response to this matter, the relevant person in charge of HTC responded: the store adjustment is not stopped, and new products will be launched next year. But this statement obviously cannot fully convince the public.
As we all know, HTC has been difficult in recent years.
In January of this year, HTC and Google completed the transfer transaction of some mobile phone businesses, and nearly 2,000 engineers went to Google. Although HTC earned $1.1 billion in revenue, it could not completely reverse the long-term loss in the 11th consecutive quarter. From February to May, HTC made organizational adjustments and laid off nearly 1,500 people. It was rumored that HTC will launch the blockchain mobile phone HTC U12 in October. According to relevant media reports, the mobile phone is selling in the relatively best Jingdong platform, and the evaluation is only single digit. Everyone said: This is a concept that is more than practical. The product.
Chinese business card data shows that in 2015, HTC's global shipments were only about 15 million units, which is 6.5% for Apple and 4.7% for Samsung. In 2016, its shipments did not even have official data.
No one thought that this 21-year-old company, at its peak, was equally divided with Apple in the mobile phone market. In less than seven years, it was almost abandoned by the whole world.
In 1997, VIA was the second largest chipset supplier after Intel. The founder of the company officially became the largest in Taiwan. Wang Xuehong, the daughter of Wang Yongqing, the "God of Taiwanese business".
For a time, Wang Xuehong became a business idol in Taiwan. With VIA earning her first bucket of gold, she would like to get involved in the budding phase of the handheld computer (commonly known as PDA). By chance, she met Taiwanese engineers Zhuo Huo and Zhou Yongming who also wanted to be handheld computers. They hit it off and established HTC Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. (HTC) in May 1997. Wang Xuehong is the chairman of the board, Zhuo Huo is the CEO, and Zhou Yongming is engaged in research and development.
In 2000, he accepted Compaq’s OEM orders, and they jointly launched the world’s first handheld computer iPAQ, which is big in the market. Successful. Later, HP, Dell, and Palm became HTC customers, and HTC became the leader of the PDA foundry market.
After two years, HTC and Microsoft jointly launched XDA, known as the "smart phone" prototype, and has since become a big winner in this field. European and American telecom operators are competing to place orders with HTC. It can be said that the telecom operators have given birth to the success of HTC, and it has also led to its decline.
After the rise of smart phones, the competition in the industrial and commercial market was cruel and the profit margins shrank. Under Zhou Yongming's suggestion, Wang Xuehong decided to create his own brand.
Being branded is not enough. In 2008, T-Mobile G1, the world's first Android mobile phone, was launched with telecom operator T-Mobile. After that, HTC launched Microsoft's WM system and Android system smartphones. In 2011, HTC split the US market with Apple in the United States. The market value of the company was as high as 206 billion yuan, and Wang Xuehong became the "richest woman in Taiwan." Hua Shangjun clearly remembered that CCTV played HTC's entrepreneurial legendary program for several days.
I didn't expect this to be the last peak of HTC.
The success of HTC made Apple feel threatened and then counterattacked. In December of the same year, HTC was infringed by Apple for infringement of its patent rights. A “ban on sale” in the United States has hit HTC to make it shrink to less than 5% in the US market and continues to this day.
There was a complaint from Nokia that it was infringed and was "banned" in the European market. After two complaints, HTC lost most of the European and American markets. In 2013, HTC has slipped out of the “Top Ten Smartphone Lists in the World” from the global smart global mobile phone.
After losing to the European and American markets, HTC turned to the Chinese mainland market. At this time, China's high-end market is occupied by Apple and Samsung, and the low-end market is occupied by Xiaomi, Huawei and ZTE. Among them, the former has brand appeal and the latter has higher cost performance.
The wrong market position has caused HTC to be squeezed out in the European and American markets, and it is unable to stand in the Chinese market.
HTC has positioned itself as a high-end market, always claiming to be comparable to Apple and Samsung. However, its system has been equipped with Microsoft or Android, because there is no such thing as Apple's "software and hardware combination", it is even more impossible to give users the same experience as Apple.
Competing with Samsung, first of all, it is not as successful as Samsung to advertise and seize the market. In fact, its mobile phone costs are high, because there are too many models, and it cannot be mass-produced like Samsung.
There is no independent sales channel, which is another major reason for HTC's decline.
Early HTC Every time a smartphone is launched, it is almost inseparable from telecom operators. As mentioned above, the “ban on sale” in Europe and the United States ends with the agreement of the telecom operators.
While the "ban on sale" was cancelled, HTC was not competitive because of its positioning as a high-end market. The cost was high, the profit was insufficient, and the price/performance ratio was not high. Consumers did not buy Zhang, and telecom operations. Businesses are not willing to promote HTC products.
After the painful lesson, in 2015, Wang Xuehong personally served as CEO and wanted to save HTC. But the smartphone market is already a foregone conclusion.
HTC later wanted to find another way and invest a lot of money to develop VR equipment. It seems that this move has obviously failed to help HTC out of the dilemma, but it has made HTC sink deeper and deeper in the dilemma.
In the cold winter, I don’t know how long HTC can last.
The pictures are all from the network
Welcome to the [Chinese business strategy], know the characters, read the legend.
Copyright, no reprinting!
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Behind Faraday's future shutdown: the founder of layoffs and pay cuts left, Commander Jia Yueting Chengguang
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- 2018-12-27How to evaluate the glory V20? - A product that makes competitors sad in the winter!
- 2018-12-24Android Q is coming! But is your Xiaomi Huawei eating the Android party for mobile phones?
- 2018-12-23Mobile phone signal is not good? China Mobile officially announced 5 solutions
- Survey of Huaqiang North Guanpu Tide in Shenzhen: Some people make millions of dollars a year, and some people pass 9 ports to 2 ports...
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."
- Ruixing Coffee responded with a loss of over 800 million in one year: it will not become the next ofo
- Apple iOS 13 first exposure!
- Xiaomi is about to grab the "first-year machine" heat, and the products to be released are full of surprises!
- Is Meizu stable? Zhuhai SASAC and Alibaba will inject Meizu