Scientists have made a major breakthrough: WiFi can also charge mobile phones2019-01-31 10:25:11 99 ℃
According to the website of the British Independent on January 28, scientists in the United States have developed a device called "silicon rectifier diode antenna", which converts WiFi signals from integrated antennas into DC currents suitable for electronic circuits.
According to the U.S. -led team, the device can be used to provide battery-free power for smartphones, laptops, medical devices and wearable technologies.
Because of its flexibility, the device can also cover a large area. Scientists say this has a significant impact on the future of electronic intelligence. Professor Thomas Palacios of the Microsystem Technology Laboratory at MIT said: "What if we could develop an electronic system that would surround a bridge or cover a whole road or office wall and bring electronic intelligence to everything around us? How do you provide energy for these electronic products?
He said: "We have found a new way to provide energy for future electronic systems - by acquiring WiFi energy - to bring intelligence to every object around us."
reports that in the experiment, the silicon rectifier diode antenna generates about 40 microwatts of power when it touches about 150 microwatts of WiFi signal. That's more than enough to light up a mobile phone's display or activate a chip. The study was published in the latest online edition of Nature. Professor Hesseus Grahar, co-author of
Madrid Polytechnic University, said that an important application might be in the field of "tablets" that collect health data after medical implantation and ingestion by patients.
He also said: "Ideally, you don't want to use batteries to power these systems, because if lithium leaks, patients will die."
reports that in order to fabricate silicon rectifier diode antennas, the research team used a new type of 2D material called molybdenum disulfide, which is one of the thinnest semiconductors in the world.
reports that all antennas can generate electricity, but usually in very small amounts. For example, in a portable radio, a loudspeaker enhances the signal so that people can hear the broadcast.
Amplifiers require appropriate power supply, such as batteries.p>The electricity obtained from radio waves appears in the form of high frequency alternating current. In this new device, semiconductors convert AC signals into more usable DC currents. Scientists are planning to build more efficient and complex devices. Scientists use WiFi to generate electricity, giving people hope for battery-free mobile phones. (Compiler/Yinxia)
- In the previous：Apple 2019: Give up 5G and Open Content
- The next article：Minmi Ring 3 New Package Show Lei Jun: I Ask Designers to Change It
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Jia Yueting's life and death in car building
- 2019-03-01Behind Faraday's future shutdown: the founder of layoffs and pay cuts left, Commander Jia Yueting Chengguang
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- 2018-12-27How to evaluate the glory V20? - A product that makes competitors sad in the winter!
- People who watch mobile phones for more than eight hours a day are not idle, but poor.
- The most supportive Ericsson in the United States, 5G orders are less than half of Huawei's, the CEO sold out miserably?
- Why can't Japan's mobile phone industry rise?
- Survey of Huaqiang North Guanpu Tide in Shenzhen: Some people make millions of dollars a year, and some people pass 9 ports to 2 ports...
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."
- Ruixing Coffee responded with a loss of over 800 million in one year: it will not become the next ofo