Silicon Valley is going to be cut off from grain when Chinese funds are gone?!2019-02-09 09:17:18 73 ℃
In the past few days, American media have reported that China has basically stopped investing in Silicon Valley, an innovation base in the United States, under the pressure of the United States'strict investigation of China's high-tech investment in the United States. In the future, it is not excluded that China withdraws its existing investment from Silicon Valley. There is concern in Western opinion that Silicon Valley may face a "food crisis" if China's funds go away.
Other investors may not fill the "China vacuum"
China's withdrawal from Silicon Valley may be in line with the wishes of the U.S. government. Since the beginning of 2018, the U.S. government has continuously blocked Chinese investment in high-tech industries in the United States. In August 2018, the United States Congress passed the Foreign Investment Risk Assessment Modernization Act (FIRRMA Act) to significantly expand the review authority of the Foreign Investment Commission (CFIUS), expand the scope of review to venture capital, non-controlling strategic investment, and CFIUS can create special treatment for different countries. At the same time, the United States passed the Export Control Reform Act (ECRA Act for short), which included cutting-edge technology in the scope of export control. All these policies are aimed at China and restrict China. Under such policy uncertainty, it is no longer a wise choice for Chinese venture capitalists to bet on Silicon Valley. Unlike the expectations of the U.S. government, investors from other countries may not fill the vacuum left by China, and the side effects of this policy will gradually emerge.
Silicon Valley Advantage is facing the threat of U.S. policy
Silicon Valley belief is being broken by the U.S. government. The reason why Silicon Valley has become a global innovation center mainly depends on three conditions. The first is that the world's top people can come and go here freely, without any forbidden zone. Stanford University and other famous universities on the west coast of the United States are only a support for Silicon Valley to absorb the global elite. More elites and ideas are gathered here through various academic activities, international conferences and job exchanges held in Silicon Valley. The second one is that all kinds of venture capital are gathered all over the world, and any genius can be funded accordingly. Venture capitalists in all countries will find start-ups from Silicon Valley that meet the needs of their own market. In addition to commercial organizations, the U.S. military and intelligence agencies are also active in Silicon Valley, supporting entrepreneurs with military security technology potential. Silicon Valley never snubs real entrepreneurs. The third one is that innovative technology is easy to realize and unconstrained. Entrepreneurs can realize their ideas in various ways, including going public later, selling to other enterprises, selling to patent licensing agencies and so on. Intellectual property rights of cutting-edge technologies can be fully protected, and technology transfer and commercialization are not affected by politics. The three advantages of
are all influenced by the relevant policies of the United States. The U.S. government overrides technological innovation and commercial interests in terms of political factors and competition among big powers, which fundamentally changes the political ecology of Silicon Valley. Today, Silicon Valley is no longer a completely free and highly open paradise for entrepreneurship, but a key area for FBI agents to inquire about Chinese investment and Chinese scholars. < p > < strong > or be replaced by other "Silicon Valley" < / strong > < / P > < p > As Chinese investors and entrepreneurs become scarcer, Silicon Valley will also lose a huge Chinese market. As the frontier technology of R&D is difficult to bring from the United States to China, technology innovation companies targeting the Chinese market will probably no longer use the United States as the preferred innovation base, but will choose places where technology transfer to China is easier and where Chinese investors can obtain financing more easily. More importantly, the stop of Chinese capital inflows into Silicon Valley is catching up with the new peak of entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley. Recently, the financing of start-ups in Silicon Valley has become more and more expensive, with some early-stage financing projects exceeding $100 million. As one of the biggest sources of Silicon Valley, the withdrawal of Chinese capital is likely to lead to the situation of some start-ups facing a gap between green and yellow. The failure of entrepreneurship will further deteriorate the investment environment in Silicon Valley and even trigger a chain reaction. < p > < p > Silicon Valley is no good, there will be more Silicon Valley tops. Silicon Valley and the United States are no longer the world's leading venture capitalists in terms of financing scale alone. In the first 10 months of 2018, China's total venture capital reached a record $93.8 billion, surpassing the United States and leading the world. In the future, with the improvement of China's innovation environment and the strict protection of intellectual property rights, China will become a more open and innovative place than the United States. In the future, there may be global entrepreneurs gathering in China to develop cutting-edge technologies and spread these technologies to the United States. (Wen/Li E, Scholar, Chinese Academy of Modern International Relations)
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01Jia Yueting's life and death in car building
- 2019-03-01Behind Faraday's future shutdown: the founder of layoffs and pay cuts left, Commander Jia Yueting Chengguang
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- 2018-12-27How to evaluate the glory V20? - A product that makes competitors sad in the winter!
- 2018-12-24Android Q is coming! But is your Xiaomi Huawei eating the Android party for mobile phones?
- People who watch mobile phones for more than eight hours a day are not idle, but poor.
- The most supportive Ericsson in the United States, 5G orders are less than half of Huawei's, the CEO sold out miserably?
- Why can't Japan's mobile phone industry rise?
- Survey of Huaqiang North Guanpu Tide in Shenzhen: Some people make millions of dollars a year, and some people pass 9 ports to 2 ports...
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."
- Ruixing Coffee responded with a loss of over 800 million in one year: it will not become the next ofo