Why can't Japan's mobile phone industry rise?2019-04-01 11:24:20 1016 ℃
Let's start with a paragraph. We all remember the advertisements of OPPO and VIVO mobile phones in the past few years. We often invite international superstars to make great special effects and make an advertisement like a sci-fi suspense film.
Later, as you know, for a long time, OV series mobile phone advertisements were usually filmed by Sony Pictures. Then you wonder why Sony is so good at making movies. Why not make some big advertisements for its Sony Z series mobile phones? The reason is simple: OV is a super-big player in the mobile phone industry, rich; what is Sony's mobile phone? Why do we shoot advertisements for thorough minority brands, others, poor and unknown?
When you think about it, you will find a very interesting phenomenon. Japan is a big country of science and technology, and the spirit of craftsmen is also supported. Semiconductor and software industries are not bad. We need cameras, screens, chips and so on. Why can't we make a best-selling mobile phone in the world?
Famous Japanese fan Luo Yonghao once said: "In the mobile phone industry, besides Huawei, who is not playing supply chain integration, what grandson is installed?" Did Mr. Luo ever think about the problem that Japan does not lack all kinds of spare parts suppliers? Why can't we make a mobile phone that is popular in the market? Over the past decade, China's smartphones have been able to rise in the era of mobile internet, Huawei has been able to go all the way to the top three in the world, voice phones have become the first in Africa and millet has been able to occupy the Indian market. So why does it seem that Japan, with better technology accumulation, has not seen the rise of the mobile phone industry? In order to answer this question, we have to answer a pre-question: Why can China's mobile phones rise? < p > < p > 1. China's market is big enough to be a product. Even if there is no overseas market, an industry can circulate in the domestic market and cultivate a mature consumer market and upstream and downstream supply chain. Because the market is big enough, Chinese enterprises can get more accurate consumer demand feedback and better understand what consumers want.
If we carefully study the user demand logic of several major mobile phone manufacturers in China, we will find that Huawei Mat series is the main batteries, signals and business; Huawei P series is the main fashion and photography; OV self-timer function and fast charging; and millet is the main performance and cost-effective. You will find that every product change and innovation of China's mobile phone manufacturers firmly grasps the needs of the core users.
Look at the comprehensive screen technology in recent years, which is the first leading technology of Chinese mobile phone manufacturer Xiaomi; Look at the dual-camera technology behind, which is the first mature application of Huawei P9; and then you look at the fingerprint under the screen, which is the first technology of Huiding technology used by VIVO. Samsung and Apple haven't followed up when Chinese manufacturers fully use their fingerprints.
2. China has one of the most complete industrial systems in the world. In the era of non-intelligent machines, Huaqiangbei's Shanzhai machine factory can use mature production lines, reliable functional technology, continuous creative design and international manufacturers to compare. Although the semiconductor industry in China is not strong enough, it is fortunate that there are all five internal organs, from design to production. In 2012, India produced a $50 tablet computer and received praise from the American media. It was found that most of the components came from China. Later, Indians admitted that the tablet was wholesale purchased from Huaqiang North for $40. In 2016, foreign media advocated Reliance Jio, a home-made non-smart phone in India, and found that all the chips of the mobile phone came from a Chinese semiconductor company, Exhibition News, which now has the largest chip shipment in the world, overwhelming Apple, Hess Kirin and Qualcomm.
Tecno mobile phone sounds like a foreign brand, in fact, it is a "voice" mobile phone. In the vast third world countries such as Africa, Apple, Huawei and Samsung are not opponents of voice transmission. In Africa, voice transmission is the first-selling and best-known brand. They have big batteries, loudspeakers, flashlights, and beauty cameras for black brothers and sisters, which are well received by the people.
Today's strength of domestic brands, thanks to the industrial system of the whole industrial chain, the early maturation of the huge Chinese market, because our market is too big, the demand is too rich, through large data, enterprises will pay more attention to consumer demand, more accurately find the pain point of marketing. A brand that can survive in the mature domestic market is a dimensionality reduction blow when going abroad.
So, does Japan not have these two advantages? Japan's market is also large enough, with a population of 300 million. Although Japan's industrial system is not as comprehensive and perfect as China's, it is still excellent in the semiconductor and chip industries and camera industries. So why can't Japanese mobile phones copy China's route?
Firstly, although the market in Japan is not small, the situation of consumers is different from that in China. Chinese consumers are a strong buyer's market. They can be totally critical of products and compare goods. This promotes manufacturers to continuously improve their own level and constantly improve their technology and design to meet the needs of Chinese consumers. The Japanese consumer market is a seller's market. Sony, Sharp, Panasonic and other brands are too mature. Consumers are used to what to buy, so mobile phone manufacturers have to live by, not pursuing innovation, not pursuing user experience. Naturally, no progress can be made. Second, Japan's truly mature and powerful supply chain industry, in fact, only the camera industry, their semiconductor chips, sensors, lack of economies of scale advantages, each manufacturer piecemeal, each with its own standards, has never been coordinated and unified. In addition, some manufacturers attach too much importance to the "craftsman spirit", do not look at the world trend, do not care about consumer demand, all day long to make some inexplicable black technological innovation, really get the market but nobody is interested in it.
A few years ago, Sony Z series products were amazing. They have advanced waterproofing technology in the world, outstanding G lens, and the earliest 4K screen in the Z5 series. But these products, every time, are not popular, the real experience is very poor, and eventually reduced to other parts of the entire mobile phone market.
In fact, Japan's semiconductor industry has been a failure, from CPU to DRAM chips, to being defeated by TSMC, Samsung and Intel. Japan does not even have such companies as Hess Kirin, Zhongxin International and Ziguang. Screen is also a failure, not only can not beat Samsung, LG, or even no company can match China's Beijing and Eastern.
Sony's camera is still the world's advanced level. Apple, Samsung and Huawei are all using Sony's lens. But interestingly, Sony's own mobile phone, using its own lens, behaves badly, which shows that Sony's hardware and software cooperation is extremely poor. While Huawei and Sony jointly customized IMX600, but in Huawei P20PRO, MATE20PRO shine brilliantly.
Japan's mobile software industry, is even more impressive, all Japanese native apps, in the user experience is simply anti-human, most Japanese mobile applications open, you will feel the last century BBS forum chat visual sense. In the era of mobile internet, Japan seems to be closing its doors to play. After playing for several years, it finds that it has completely escaped the tide of world development.
Therefore, Sharp, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony, once well-known brands, have completely failed in the era of smartphones, and can no longer reproduce the brilliance of that year. Not only can Japan not come up with products that can compete with Apple and Samsung, but it can not even compare with China's Huawei, OPPO and VIVO.
friends who often watch Japanese dramas will find that even in the past two years, Japanese TV dramas are still full of "flip phones". Everyone has no hard pursuit of smartphones, and no need for innovative functions, not just mobile phones, Japan seems to have missed the whole mobile Internet era, until today, a lot of them have disappeared. Consumers are still using mobile phones customized by operators.
Of course, Japan is declining not only in its mobile phone industry, but in its manufacturing industry as a whole.
- In the previous：Where will broadband go after 5G popularization? The result is different from what you think.
- The next article：Is the iPhone XR really bad?
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The two Shanxi boss companies once stirred the A-shares, and now one is stranded in the United States and detained.
- 2019-08-07The highest drop is 300 yuan! Xiaomi's top flagship: 8G+128G+ screen fingerprint + 20W wireless fast charge
- 2019-04-01Jia Yueting's life and death in car building
- 2019-03-01Behind Faraday's future shutdown: the founder of layoffs and pay cuts left, Commander Jia Yueting Chengguang
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- Xiaomi MIUI 10 development version on-line dual clock function: overseas travel essential
- People who watch mobile phones for more than eight hours a day are not idle, but poor.
- The most supportive Ericsson in the United States, 5G orders are less than half of Huawei's, the CEO sold out miserably?
- Why can't Japan's mobile phone industry rise?
- Survey of Huaqiang North Guanpu Tide in Shenzhen: Some people make millions of dollars a year, and some people pass 9 ports to 2 ports...
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."