I have monopolized the Chinese market for 13 years and started it once for 30,000 yuan: What is this American company?2019-08-07 00:33:40 970 ℃
◆If the domestic robot wants to catch up with Da Vinci, the imitation behind the ass is not the way out. The most suitable one may be another way to change the lane and overtake.
Positive Solutions produced
Not long ago, at the Summer Davos Forum, a robot called "Da Vinci" caught people's attention.
In fact, this surgical robot that can "hand" peel the grape skin and then accurately suture it has been clinically used for 20 years, and has done millions of operations, and has now "evolved" to the fourth generation.
With Da Vinci, the US ISRG (intuition) company's revenue in 2017 reached $3.1 billion. A domestic Da Vinci needs about 20 million yuan, which is twice the price of foreign countries.
How does Da Vinci monopolize the surgical robot market for 20 years?
Can Chinese surgical robots compete against one day?
1. Industry first, monopoly market for 20 years
Da Vinci robots from the US ISRG (intuition) company, with this single Products, revenue in 2017 reached $3.1 billion.
At the time of its listing in 2000, Intuition's share price was only $9 per share, but by 2018, the company's share price reached $574, with a market capitalization of more than $60 billion. The average annual increase is 40%, and the rate of return even exceeds the famous Google.
With "Da Vinci", the market value of Intuition (also translated as intuition)
now exceeds $60 billion
Intuition in the investment market Unlimited, it is thanks to the Da Vinci surgical robot. Since 2000, when it was officially approved by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration), Da Vinci has been monopolizing the global market for surgical robots. No one can shake the status of the industry.
Da Vinci dominated the surgical robotics industry for 20 years. According to 2017 data, Da Vinci robots sold or leased 4,149 units worldwide, which not only has a higher market share than other competitors, but also has a high price due to its technology and manufacturing monopoly. It still maintains up to 70% of hairInterest rate, 30% net interest rate.
As of June 2017, there were 4,149 Da Vinci in the world,
Asia accounted for 13%
like ASML's lithography machine, Finch's surgical robot's "profiteering" is based on a monopoly of technology patents and manufacturing. Even in such a highly competitive market in the United States, Da Vinci has never had an opponent for 20 years. This has to be said to be a "miracle."
The price of a Da Vinci is about 600,000 to 2.5 million US dollars in the United States. The price sold to China is twice as expensive, and it costs 20 million yuan.
Of course, this is just the price of the robot itself, not including its service costs and expensive consumables - the robotic arm. The robotic arm of the Da Vinci robot has a chip mounted inside and can only be used 10 times. After installing it onto the robot, it will be reduced once for each countdown.
Such a delicate robotic arm is priced at about $700 to $3,200 in the United States, and the domestic price is about $100,000.
Intuitive company's 2016 sales of 792 million US dollars,
the most profitable is spare parts and consumables, accounting for more than 50%
[ 123]2. Technology+Data, Da Vinci's Monopoly PasswordDa Vinci, known by the medical profession as the industry myth, has dominated the surgical robot industry for 20 years. What are the unknown Da Vinci Codes? Although Leonardo da Vinci was not the first to appear, the intuition company is keenly aware of the future trend of surgical robots and focuses on technological innovations, which makes it comparable to the exploration of other brands. It has become the most widely used surgical robot in the world. The first companies in the world to develop surgical robots, the vast majority are in the United States as early as the 1980s, the US military There is a strong interest in using surgical robots to rescue the wounded on the battlefield. Several research teams supported by military funds have launched surgical robots from different directions. The technology of the Da Vinci robot is also derived from the owner.Square background of SRI (Stanford Research Institute). In 1994, Dr. Frederic Moll, who worked at SRI, saw the huge commercial value of the system behind the military's needs and strongly urged it to be commercialized. However, almost everyone at that time focused on making it even cooler like Iron Man. Intuition founder Frederick Moore, He is keenly aware of the enormous commercial value of surgical robots, became the leader of Da Vinci The important reason for the global 20 years So Moore and his partner bought the technical authorization of the robot, established the intuition surgery company, and brought the first including the Field Fund and Morgan Stanley investors. Pen style.
In 1997, the ingenuity named the new system “Lenny” (Da Vinci's young name), and the surgical system was updated more and more advanced, eventually named the Da Vinci surgical system. Just as Da Vinci was still iteratively updating into the medical market, Aesop (AESOP), a "mirror" robot that was voiced by a surgeon, became the first in 1997. The first surgical robot approved by the FDA in the United States. The "Aesop" (AESOP) system passed the FDA approval before "Da Vinci", led the surgical robot to the commercialization path Until the middle of the millennium, Da Vinci received FDA approval and began to use it in general surgery. In 2001, he was granted permission for surgical procedures such as thoracic and prostatectomy. Although Leonardo da Vinci was not the first to enter the market, it added a certain artificial intelligence program, although it was only some simple protective action feedback, but it was enough to surpass the 2D within the "Mirror" In the era of speculum, it pioneered the 3D new era of virtual remote control action + realistic operation feedback that is closer to the real world. It has also established itself as the leader of the surgical robot industry. Da Vinci sutured the grape skin picture
let Da Vinci and other brands open the distance, in addition to the doctor's habitsIn addition to the advantages of patented technology, what is more important is the clinical data and experience it has accumulated. Da Vinci robots have entered the market for many years, and many doctors who operate it have become accustomed to this system, and it is still difficult to change. There used to be a company that wanted some experts to experience their products. As a result, experts recognized its robots, but they used to use Da Vinci's operating system, so they didn't want to change it. In the era of AI intelligence, big data is a more valuable asset. By October 2018, Da Vinci surgical robots have more than 5 million operations worldwide. And China has become the "land of angels" that Da Vinci robots are most eager to get. During the entrance to the Expo last year, "Da Vinci" was popular with domestic medical institutions In 2006, the first Da Vinci was introduced to the 301 hospital. Up to now, there have been 87 sets in China, the number of operations has reached 115,000, and the global surgical volume is as high as 6 million. In 2016, the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University won the championship of the single Da Vinci surgical robot operation with 888 operations all year round. In 2018, Zheng Dayi of the First Cosmos Hospital The hospital, with 1,198 operations, has set a new record for the annual operation of the world's single Da Vinci robot. The amount of surgery for Da Vinci robots in China, has grown dramatically year after year These robotic surgery, case data continue to enrich Dafen Odd database. These data are the root of the "smart" of surgical robots.
3. trillion industry chain, how to overtake domestic surgical robotsAccording to data released by foreign media, the surgical robot market is expected to be from 2018 By 2023, it will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 22.75%. In 2021, the global market is expected to reach 20 billion US dollars. With auxiliary equipment and consumables, the trillion-dollar industrial chain will be formed in the future. This huge and tempting cake, I don't know how many countries and companies want to get more shares. At the end of last year, "Japan Sankei Shimbun" disclosed that Japan’s Kawasaki Heavy Industries and medical company Sysmex (SyThe first domestically produced surgical robot developed by smex in Japan may be available in 2019. Japanese industry insiders estimate that this robot with a basic structure and action similar to Da Vinci "may not exceed 100 million yen", the price is 300 million yen compared to the flagship Da Vinci It’s going to be cheaper. Moreover, the company is developing the touch of the robot, and Da Vinci has been criticized for not having this function. In addition to Japanese companies challenging Da Vinci, Google, which has been leading the research in artificial intelligence, has also established a project to develop surgical robots with Johnson & Johnson, and hopes to be listed in 2020. Some people speculate that Google's robots may push the automation of surgery, subvert the existing robot's operating procedures and principles, and take the artificial intelligence + deep learning + big data route. Of course, Chinese scientists and companies are not idle. The start time and level of our own research and development of surgical robots are even beyond the imagination of many people. The broad application prospects of medical robots, also won the favor of capital The CRAS jointly developed by the Naval General Hospital and Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics is a domestic surgical robot The pioneer of the system, the first generation of robots was first clinically applied in 1997. The new surgical robot “Miao S S” jointly developed by the Third Xiangya Hospital of Central South University and Tianjin University was successfully developed in 2013, and the first operation was carried out in April 2014. In 2016, the “Scorpio” orthopedic surgery robot jointly developed by Beijing Jishuitan Hospital, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Tianzhihang Company and Chinese Academy of Sciences, received a formal clinical license, the only one in the world. The bone general robot is also made in China. The domestic "Scorpio" surgical robot is the only orthopaedic robot in the world that can carry out limbs, pelvis and full-spine surgery In addition, there is Hong Kong. The world's first built-in robotic surgical robot system NSRS and Baihui Weikang's neurosurgery navigation and positioning system developed by the University of Science and Technology... In recent years, the domestic surgical robot industry has blossomed. But an indisputable fact is that Da Vinci is still a standout.In order to keep pace with it, domestic surgical robots have to overcome several difficulties: is the technical barrier caused by the leading patent of Da Vinci. According to incomplete statistics, the "Da Vinci" robotic system applied for more than 700 patents and covered almost all the technical protection points of existing surgical robots. This has also resulted in a domestic surgical robot system, which can only be used to innovate independent intellectual property rights. In addition to the large amount of time required to explore the accumulation, it also increases the cost of research and development. The most intuitive performance is the domestic "Scorpio" robot, the price is 15 million yuan, and the boot fee is 20,000 yuan. The media disclosed the price of domestic surgical robots, because of the difficulty of research and development and the high price Another difficulty is the operating system that doctors are used to. is also a surgical robot, the "Small Hand S" robot jointly developed by the Central Hunan University Xiangya Third Hospital and the university. From the first operation in 2014, until January 2019, the amount of surgery has just broken through. The 100th case is still in the operation of the hospital. Relatively speaking, in the field of orthopedic surgery that Da Vinci can't do, promotion is relatively easy. The domestic “Scorpio” orthopedic surgery robot has been used in 34 hospitals across the country, with more than 7,000 cumulative operations. There is also a huge investment in the development of surgical robots, and the payback period is very long. Tianzhihang Company, which developed the "Scorpio" robot, has been carrying out a government of 20 million yuan for five consecutive years since the establishment of the company in 2005, until the support of the Beijing Municipal Government in 2010. Equity investment. After welcoming the first batch of orders one year later, it gradually became hematopoietic. Fortunately, in the era of artificial intelligence, everyone was in the "infancy," and China was not too far away. National policy focuses on supporting medical robots as an important part of China's Industry 4.0 strategy. The volume of China's medical market has rapidly expanded with the arrival of an aging society. The advancement of graded diagnosis and treatment and the huge gap of grassroots doctors have also become a powerful driving force for robot research and development. Da Vinci is not invincible.
In the era of artificial intelligence, if Chinese robots want to catch up with Da Vinci, the imitation behind the ass is not the way out. The most appropriate one may be another way to change lanes. This has already exceeded the technical dispute, but it is about your health.
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The two Shanxi boss companies once stirred the A-shares, and now one is stranded in the United States and detained.
- 2019-08-07The highest drop is 300 yuan! Xiaomi's top flagship: 8G+128G+ screen fingerprint + 20W wireless fast charge
- 2019-04-01Jia Yueting's life and death in car building
- 2019-03-01Behind Faraday's future shutdown: the founder of layoffs and pay cuts left, Commander Jia Yueting Chengguang
- 2019-02-18Lin Bin: Xiaomi 9 Beautiful Beauty for Men and Women
- 2019-02-18Millet 9 transparent version debut! Three cameras behind the fuselage, mysterious disc behind the fuselage
- 2019-01-31Sony Xperia XZ4 full exposure: battery moving!
- 2019-01-13This 5G mobile phone raw materials explode the global war!
- 2019-01-02Xiaomi play use brief talk
- 2018-12-27Jingdong Suning has taken off the weight of the whole product, Taobao is still sold, Ali said that the investigation results are waiting
- Xiaomi MIUI 10 development version on-line dual clock function: overseas travel essential
- People who watch mobile phones for more than eight hours a day are not idle, but poor.
- The most supportive Ericsson in the United States, 5G orders are less than half of Huawei's, the CEO sold out miserably?
- Why can't Japan's mobile phone industry rise?
- Survey of Huaqiang North Guanpu Tide in Shenzhen: Some people make millions of dollars a year, and some people pass 9 ports to 2 ports...
- Millet 9 Added Game Tubro Game Mode: Dragon 855 Intelligent Carton Free
- Apple decided to lower the price of the iPhone! Cook: Acknowledging that the poor sales of new machines are due to overpricing
- Mobile off-line sales ranking in December: vivo, Huawei's top two, the iPhone XS Max is still strong
- The XR of the iPhone has fallen to 4733, and Apple will be critical in the next two years!
- Li Guoqing: Apologize for Liu Qiangdong's remarks, "Don't cheat guns in the name of love."