EU wants to import natural gas from Qatar, Qatar: Yes, you have to sign for 20 years2022-06-24 00:36:26 1 ℃
[Text/Observer Network Lin Lingjin] Recently, Germany signed a 20 -year liquefied natural gas (LNG) agreement with the United States. Qatar also requested that only the European Union countries guaranteed to sell LNG for a long time.
Bloomberg reported on June 23 that insiders who were unwilling to disclose their names reported that Qatar will insist that EU countries will keep buying liquefied natural gas in the next 20 years. Bloomberg said that Qatar will complicate the EU's emission reduction target.
It is reported that the German Ministry of Finance and Qatar state -owned energy companies did not immediately respond to the above news.
Bloomberg report screenshots
The insider said that Germany has recently signed a 20 -year liquefied natural gas order with the United States, and the agreement signed by Germany made Qatar make his own request.
People familiar with the matter said that European countries believe that the terms of agreement with the United States are relatively loose, and the conditions for Qatar are too harsh, making LNG buyers almost unable to transfer supply. Since March, Germany and Qatar's negotiations on the LNG import period have been in a deadlock. Qatar Energy Minister Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi stated on the 21st that Qatar's negotiations with Germany were still "complained".
Qatar Energy Energy Secretary of State Saasa Cabi, from the Qatar government website
Russia is the largest natural gas supply country in Eurasia. Since the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, Europe is eager to find a substitute for Russia's natural gas. According to Bloomberg, Germany does not currently import LNG infrastructure, but as the country accelerates the construction of LNG terminals, Germany will become the main buyer within one year.
According to Bloomberg, except Qatar and the United States, few other LNG exporters will significantly increase supply in the next decade.
Qatar is the world's largest liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporting country. It is a key country that can provide LNG to Europe. Qatar also plans to invest tens of billions of dollars in the next five years to increase output. At the same time, European LNG demand is expected to surge in 2030. However, due to the large investment in LNG exports, Qatar adheres to the relevant agreement must be long -term cooperation.
On the other hand, although natural gas is cleaner than coal or oil, a large amount of carbon and methane are still discharged. European countries are worried that they have signed these strict agreements with Qatar. In the future, even if the region has the goal of reducing emissions, it must maintain the import of fossil fuel. Therefore, European countries led by Germany have been resisting Qatar's pressure.
According to the "Wall Street Journal" reported on June 21, the American emerging energy company Venture Global (Venture Global) said on June 21 that it has been with the ENBW ENERGIE BADEN-WURTTEMBERG AG (Enbw Energie Baden-WURTTEMBERG AG). Signed two 20 years of agreement, and agreed to sell 1.5 million tons of liquefied natural gas each year from 2026.
"Wall Street Journal" report screenshot
Although the agreement signed by Germany and the United States on the 21st is 20 years, the terms are very flexible. If the demand for natural gas during the energy transformation in the future will decline, it can be transferred or even canceled the order at a small cost.
Compared with the US order, Qatar usually does not allow buyers to change the delivery port, nor does it allow buyers to cancel the order when they pay all the goods without paying the goods.
Bloomberg analyzed that if Qatar does not give any concession, Europe's solution to LNG substitution from Russia will be blocked, and Qatar may sign an agreement with regions outside Europe such as Asia.
In March of this year, in order to discuss the cooperation in the energy field, Robert Habeck, Vice Premier and Minister of Economic and Climate Protection, met with Catal (head of state) Tamim at the capital of Qatar. When the Secretary of State of the Energy Affairs of Habeck and Qatar Energy Affairs, Saasa Cabi confirmed to the deck to quickly take practical actions to open a "fast channel" for the construction of two liquefied natural gas receiving stations in Germany to indicate that Germany's long -term imported liquefied natural gas prior choice.
According to the German Business Daily (HandelsBlatt) reported on May 20, Mohammed, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Kattel, said that he hopes to deliver LNG to Germany through a 70%LNG factory in a 70%LNG factory in Catal energy in Dezhou, USA. But Bloomberg pointed out that the two parties have not reached a specific agreement on this.
- In the previous：Controversy "Pig Period"
- The next article：Fast dog taxi IPO "Second Entry Palace", is it persistent or lack of money?
Guess you like
- 2022-06-27Ukrafe said that it has been exported to only 4 million tons of grain since February 24, and there are still 18 million tons waiting for the shipment ship.
- 2022-06-25Guizhou Maotai released the highest dividend stock price to return to 2,000 yuan
- 2022-06-24Hot money influx!These 7 cities are famous on the list
- 2022-06-24Performance thunder is about to bomb?Dangerous signals are continuously released.
- 2022-06-24The Asian business godfather who "almost became the father -in -law of Teresa Teng" is almost 100 years old and still worry about the heir
- 2022-06-24After listing, the stock price skyrocketed 374%of the strongest new shares in adults
- 2022-06-24ET7 rushed out of the building, Weilai Automobile is now "murder"
- 2022-06-24Liu Qiangdong reduced its holdings of Jingdong stocks 1.8 billion, and has resigned as a major JD company company's position
- 2022-06-23In July, the new agricultural cooperation was about to be closed in 2023, and it is expected to rise by 30 yuan. Who can not pay?
- 2022-06-23"People who destroy capitalism" are re -rule the United States?
- The bottom has passed!The Chinese stock market will be more potential in the next six months
- Why do you invest in the long stream of water?Look at the Great Wall Fund, feel the power of step -by -step benefits
- In the past, the business empire liabilities were 54 billion yuan. Where is the "three -driving carriage" of Oceanwide Finance?
- Former Trump consultant called for the cancellation of tariffs on China: we are rewarding U.S. citizens
- The domestic oil price may fall in the second year next week!Analyst: The price per ton is expected to be reduced by more than 300 yuan
- "The United States should not copy China's‘ Belt and Road ”" "
- The "public examination fever" continues to heat up, driving the education and training market to recover
- Chen Yulu: Since the epidemic, China has supported the rapid economic recovery with relatively few new debt
- Use science to make tea small cans of tea chose to become the "most difficult shortcut" of global tea brands
- ET7 rushed out of the building, Weilai Automobile is now "murder"