"Cell Subsidiary" has a milestone study: virus delivery CRISPR-Cas9 infected intestinal microorganism proves the potential of microbial group gene editing2021-11-28 12:09:50 32 ℃
This article is originally created by the transformation of medical network, please indicate the source
Guide: Recently, the study published in "Cell Reports" magazine shows that researchers use DNA editing system Crisprs to change the genome of bacteria in mice, which is the first stable gene editor in mammalian intestinal microbial groups. This study focuses on E. coli, an exact genetic editor in the intestinal microbial group is to target the harmful strains of E. coli while maintaining a beneficial strain is not interference. They use a virus called M13 to inject Crispr-Cas9 systems into cells of a particular E. coli and then start cutting DNA fragments. After gene editing, the target strain quickly started disappearing. Imagine that there is a day in the future, similar methods can also be used to promote the growth of human "good" intestinal bacteria, researchers also need to expand the list of virals in their toolkits, and try how to change the individual members of the microbial group to the overall bacterial population. Influence.
Researchers at the University of California San Francisco have successfully used DNA editing system CRISPR to change the genome of bacteria in mammals, which will promote our understanding of microbial groups and finally pave the road for the treatment of intestinal related diseases.
In this month, the researchers can remove a large number of genes from Escherichia coli living in mice and change the overall bacterial community spread throughout their digestive systems. constitute. The researchers published an article entitled "Phage-Delivered Crispr-Cas9 for Strain-Specific Deplection and Genomic Deletions in the GUT Microbiome":
Dr. Peter Turnbaugh, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, said: "We have proven the first stable gene editor in mammalian intestinal microbial group. This is trying to design bacteria in the intestine."
At present, the choice of researchers and medical practitioners who want to change intestinal microbes are extremely limited. For example, bacterial food poisoning and similar problems can be treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics, but this drug will ultimately kill many "beneficial" microorganisms and harmful. Manure transplant is also used to re-implant healthy microbial groups for patients with certain infections and gastrointestinal diseases. However, doctors cannot determine whether the introduced microorganisms can surpass the patient's existing bacterial communities, which means that treatment is not always successful.
TurnBaugh said that bacteria that have been proclaimed in the digestive system will be a key way for future research and treatment of microbial group related health problems. The genome directly changing the microorganisms of the intestinal microorganism will bring a precise level that is still unlikely to be achieved for microbial treatment.
Turnbaugh also said: "It is possible to change the DNA of microorganisms that already exist in the intestines, allow us to study micro-organisms than previously more controllable methods. This really gives us a chance to learn about health and disease. important question."
Turnbaugh's research is concentrated on E. coli, E. coli is a bacterium that is naturally present in the intestines, but because some strains may cause food to poison, therefore is not good. An exact genetic editor is a useful application in the intestinal microbial group to target the harmful strain of E. coli while maintaining a beneficial strain is not interference.
In this study, researchers wanted to know if they can use gene editing tools to locate and kill a Escherichia coli while leaving another strain. The Turnbaugh team uses a virus called M13 to inject CRISPR-Cas9 systems into cells of specific E. coli strains, where it starts to cut DNA fragments.
The result is dramatic. Prior to introducing the CRISPR-Cas9 system, the target strain is more prominent in the experiment. However, after gene editing, the target strain started to disappear quickly. Two weeks later, it only accounts for 1% of the monitoring cell population.
The key to the success of this study is to use the M13 in the form of engineering, which is a natural attack of E. coli but usually cannot survive within the digestive system. In order to solve this problem, TurnBaugh and his colleagues stitched an antibiotic resistance gene to M13 will be transmitted to the DNA of the infected cells, thereby making the virus and the CRISPR-Cas9 system thereof easier to propagate.
Turnbaugh imagines that a similar approach can also be used to promote the growth of human beings "good" intestinal bacteria. For example, if the researchers edit the gene of certain bacterial strains to allow bacteria to eat rare nutrients, then a person can control the intestines to a certain extent by simply adding a large amount of nutrients to their diet. Development of microbial mixture. He added that first, the researchers need to expand the list of viral in their kit and try how to change the influence of individual members of the microbiograph on the overall bacterial population.
Turnbaugh said: "Dream is where you can choose which specific strains in your intestines, even if you want to promote or eliminate individual genes. We are really excited that we can push this in E. coli, I hope it can be intestinal Other members of the Tao microbial group bring similar tools. "Reference:
Note: This article is designed to introduce medical research progress and cannot be used as reference. For health guidance, please visit the regular hospital.
[Live] Clinical application and progress in sequencing (WES) in genetic diseases
Know the practitioners - single cell research creation camp (Guangzhou Station)
[Elife] Beneficial to become malignant melanoma, what happened in this?
[BMJ Sublinary] Why is it a good food suddenly not tolerated? New research determines unique intestinal bacterial spectrum that is highly sensitive to the height of the intestinal comprehension
[Nature Subsidiary] How does gene variability affect our immune cells, resulting in different severity of COVID-19
[Nature Subsidiary] The right amount of vitamin D can resist inflammation, including newzgong pneumonia!
[Cell Submazer] The researchers of Massachusetts discovery a secret method of anti-tumor - from the vest of tumor cells, killing tumor cells!
[Nature Subscription] amazing! 3D image of mouse skull helps scientists make new bones!
[ATS sub-magazine] breakthrough! Draw the most comprehensive human pulmonary protein molecular route map, scientists identified and measured 8938 proteins!
- In the previous：Let me treat you?"More" wisdom!
- The next article：How to lose weight in a short time to lose weight, simple and practical skills
Guess you like
- 2022-01-19People who have a long-term drinking, want to prevent alcohol, "close", these 4 things must be aware
- 2022-01-19US study: most "side effects" that occur after vaccination new crown vaccine is not caused by vaccines
- 2022-01-19These 22 cases must be made in time to make a colonoscope, and An An Xin is a big year.
- 2022-01-19Chairman Mao often "does not cooperate with" doctors, once said to the health doctor: Confucius has stomach disease
- 2022-01-19Professor Yang Jiaxin | Correct assessment diagnosis is guaranteed, standardized diagnosis and treatment is the key!
- 2022-01-19"Science" heavy pounds: EB virus is actually the incentive of "no cancer"?
- 2022-01-19"", Fry!The woman is almost ... vigilant!This thing has many people in things.
- 2022-01-18Did you reach 4 standards to normal menstruation?
- 2022-01-18What are the similarities between 1 mysterious germs and new crown viruses every 2 people?
- 2022-01-18East China Medicine gets skingee soft capsules exclusively promote the collection of collects
- Does the bone implant metal?Doctor: It is necessary to depends on these factors!
- Pepper stewed pear, super power!I only know today ...
- Can running slim?Come over, you can lose weight, but it is easy to encounter a platform period.
- Popular: Winter new crown virus environmental communication risk large pilot tricks how to protect
- Li Jiaxin sent an ICU to rescue the risk of vegetative people, this disease is too scary.
- How to pick the staple food that is suitable for eating, see it!
- Go to the supermarket to buy, these 4 kinds of less, don't have nutritious and waste money, the shopping guide is rare!
- Frontier 丨 lung cancer diagnosis, quit smoking, survival rate can be increased by 29%
- In the past half of the month, nearly a thousand cases of the new crown have the greatest pressure.
- A woman in Hangzhou, "Eating Apple" every morning, how many changes have occurred in the time?