Sri Lanka New Prime Minister: Must get rid of the economic crisis2022-05-14 00:02:38 7 ℃
(Observer News) Comprehensive foreign media reported that on May 12, local time, Sri Lanka President Gotapaa Rajapaksa appointed unified Kuomintang leader Ranil Wickremesinghe as the new Prime Minister as the new Prime Minister This is the sixth time the 73 -year -old man has been the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka. After taking office, Vikrama Singer said, "We are facing a crisis, but we have a way to get rid of it."
Peninsula TV report screenshot
That night, Victor Masinger swore at the presidential residence of the President of Coronapu, Sri Lanka. Lately, he was interviewed by the media in a temple. He said, "We are facing a crisis, we must get rid of it." When asked if there was a solution, he replied, "absolutely there is."
According to the Indian Asian International News Agency, Victormaxin also said, "I have accepted the challenge to boost the economy, and I must complete it."
Vikra Masinger has served as the Prime Minister 5 times since 1993, namely the first time from 1993-1994, the second time 2001-2004, and the fourth and fourth (re-election) from 2015-2018 (re-election) , Fifth of 2018-2019. After his tenure, he will break the "world record" of the number of presidents. Reuters believes that he is a pro -Western free marketist who has rich experience in dealing with the International Monetary Fund, and the organization is currently discussing the problem of helping Sri Lanka. In addition, he has established good diplomatic channels with many countries.
Photos of President Gota Baya Rajapaka Twitter Twitter
President Gota Baya Rajapaksa issued a post on Twitter to congratulate the Victor Masinger. He said, "I expressed my heartfelt wish to the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka. After spending a very difficult task. I look forward to working with him to make Sri Lanka stronger again. "
President Gota Baya Rajapaksa tweet
Former Prime Minister Maxinda Rajapaksa, who just resigned, also congratulated Twitter. He wished the new Prime Minister "everything goes well during the trouble of trouble."
Former Prime Minister Maxinda Rajapaksa tweet
However, Peninsula TV pointed out that Victor Marinha was accepted only when President Gota Baya Rajapaka invited a number of political parties, including Sri Lanka's biggest opposition party. "The leaders, they all rejected the national economic crisis.
Sagala Ratnayaka, a Sri Lanka unified Kuomintang national organizer, said that when "no one accepts this challenge", Victorma Sinda agreed to serve as the Prime Minister. He also said, "Now is not When the good time of Prime Minister Sri Lanka, this will become the most difficult task of Victormaxinha. "
Policy selection center think tank Bhavani Fonseka believes that Victor Masinger is appointed as the Prime Minister who will not terminate the protests for several weeks. "This appointment does not bring the protesters what the protesters want The primary appeal of the protesters is to let Gotapabaya Rajapaksa resign. "
The BBC pointed out that although Victor Marinha has served as the Prime Minister many times, he has not been able to fulfill his term. In the last election, the unified Kuomintang barely obtained a parliamentary seat (a total of 255 seats in the Sri Lanka Parliament), and Victor Masinger became the only representative of the party in the parliament. It is reported that one of the main reasons for people who don't like Victor Marinha is that he has a close relationship with the Rajapaksa family.
Corporal Bishop, Malcolm Ranjith, said, "people want an upright person, not a person who has repeatedly defeated politically."
Victor Marina (Data Map) Picture Source: Peninsula TV Station
Affected by factors such as the epidemic, Sri Lanka is facing the worst economic crisis since 1948 independence. Under the influence of lack of foreign exchange, shortage of materials, high prices, and tight power supply, since the beginning of April this year, the protests that the current president has stepped down has become more and more intensive. After more than a month of peaceful demonstration, this protest was upgraded to a violent conflict on May 9th. To alleviate the situation, former Prime Minister Maxinda Rajapaksa announced his resignation that day.
However, the move did not calm the riots. The situation gradually improved until the Sri Lanka Ministry of Defense released the "local gun decision" on the 10th. As of press time, the country's riots have killed at least 9 people and more than 300 people were injured.
Guess you like
- 2022-05-16Americans' patriotism education, rolled in the inside to beyond your imagination
- 2022-05-15Sweight cards?US Democratic House leader: We are "in war"
- 2022-05-15After the fifth time he served as the Prime Minister, can he solve the danger of Sri Lanka?
- 2022-05-15The 10 -year -old girl is on fire!Foreign Minister of the Philippines reposted many times, Hua Chunying replied
- 2022-05-14Iraq, struggling on the ruins left by the United States
- 2022-05-14The Prime Minister of Cambodia was attacked in the United States.
- 2022-05-13Sudden!North Korea added 18,000 heating cases a day, 6 cases of death; since the end of April, the national outbreak spread, and the heating case has exceeded 350,000 cases.
- 2022-05-13Omikon kicked the door of North Korea, the new president of South Korea was concerned about North Korea nuclear weapons, and China and Russia opposed the expansion of sanctions to North Korea
- 2022-05-11Macron warns: If you want to achieve peace in Ukraine, don't humiliate Russia
- 2022-05-10In 31 countries, Zerrenzki announced the list of thanks!Japan and South Korea are excluded outside
- It is difficult for the European Union to refuse Russia's oil in the short term and will still buy a lot in the short term
- "In Jin Jianxi's" sharp "eyes, Yin Xiyue hurriedly put down the wine glass"
- Former UN senior human rights experts accepted an exclusive interview with the Global Times: China should give a thousand -faced mirror to the White House
- The important resolution of the United Nations was approved, the 32nd country station in the United States, China explicitly opposed it, Russia refused to attend
- NATO military boots landed!A picture reveals Putin's difficult situation
- Omikon kicked the door of North Korea, the new president of South Korea was concerned about North Korea nuclear weapons, and China and Russia opposed the expansion of sanctions to North Korea
- Gaode Sheng: The United States Western restrictions will weaken its hegemony forces
- One Card Changwan Thailand | Thailand Elite Signing Thailand Thailand
- The military parade of Russia came to Japan just after the end of Japan.
- Li Kaixheng: Southeast Asia is more mature to China