TS -Power started to resist2022-05-15 00:02:40 5 ℃
With the development of the global chip foundry industry, the importance of chip manufacturing technology has increased. When it comes to the chip foundry, it has to mention a company in Taiwan, China, which is TSMC.
As the world's largest wafer foundry, TSMC, with its own power during the peak, accounted for nearly 60%of the global chip foundry market. American chip manufacturers such as Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm also need to produce the chip products they need through TSMC chipocarring channels.
In 2019, the United States modified the chip rules, which caused all chip companies that use American technology to free shipments. TSMC was naturally affected. In order to alleviate the tension of external supply chains, TSMC finally chose to set up a 5nm chip production line to the United States to strive for the right to ship free from the outside world.
However, the decision to set up a foundry in the United States is obviously jumping into the "fire pit". Afterwards, Zhang Zhongmou also said that in the construction of a factory in the United States, TSMC was decided under the urging of the US government.
At the same time, Zhang Zhongmou also said that the expansion of the US chip manufacturing industry does not have enough talent support. The cost of localized manufacturing chips in the United States is too high and it is almost impossible to succeed.
Obviously, TSMC has begun to regret the decision to set up a foundry in the United States.
The establishment of a foundry in the United States not only failed to get free shipments for chip foundry business, but instead made TSMC's dependence on US -owned enterprise orders stronger and stronger. As a global chip company, this is naturally not the situation that TSMC expects to see, so TSMC began to resist!
The reason why TSMC cannot achieve free shipment of chips is because a large number of American technology is used during its chip manufacturing process. In order to further strive for the shipment of chip products, TSMC began to accelerate the development of advanced process processes to reduce its dependence on US chip technology.
It is understood that in the 14nm process node, the US technology proportion used by TSMC exceeded 15%, and in the 7nm process node, the US technology proportion used by TSMC dropped to between 9%to 10%and vigorously developed. Advanced foundry technology can further get rid of the dependence on US chip technology, thereby restoring free shipments of chip foundry business as soon as possible.
In addition, TSMC has also begun to deploy advanced packaging technology. By stacking two chip products with the same process process, it achieves the purpose of improving chip performance and reducing power consumption. Through this technology, TSMC can even create chip products with a 7nm process without using the EUV lithography machine.
This is also an epoch -making thing for the free shipment it wants to achieve. Through the development of advanced chip technology, TSMC can further enhance its position in the industry, so as to ship free shipping and strive for more favorable conditions.
In the end, TSMC began to disperse its own chip foundry production capacity. In addition to setting up foundries in the United States, TSMC also announced that it would set up a foundry in Japan. At the same time, the establishment of the project is later than the establishment of a foundry in the United States, but the completion time of the project is earlier than the US factory.
Diversified capacity is also a decentralized risk, under the situation where the external environment changes. TSMC can still use the production capacity of its own Japanese factory to provide chip foundry for specific chip companies.
Therefore, TSMC's resistance has begun, which is not only the right to strive for free shipment, but also to prevent its own development, which is affected by some major powers.
Not long ago, the United States and Japan have reported that they will cooperate in the chip field to jointly develop 2NM chip products. This is obviously not wanting to count on TSMC to provide yourself with the foundry technology of advanced chips. This is precisely the favorable result that TSMC has won for its own strike through a series of resistance. What do you think of this? Welcome everyone to leave a message to discuss!
Guess you like
- 2022-05-16What is the difference between the "localization" service of Kuaishou?
- 2022-05-16The cost accounting form of the 29 -year -old female accounting preparation of Shanghai is popular due to automatic analysis.
- 2022-05-16Electrical foundation 60-TT equal potential potential
- 2022-05-16Samsung GALAXYS23 mobile phone exposure: The new machine will use 200 million pixels
- 2022-05-16Without 400 billion yuan, Sun Piaosheng couldn't retire
- 2022-05-15Bilibili Windows version is here!
- 2022-05-15Foreign media: Huawei is "agreed"
- 2022-05-15I have a fire at home and office. I have a business. One month's income has passed three months
- 2022-05-15In the third quarter, the Siteeweed PICC Regulatory Image Sensor
- 2022-05-15How do novices rely on self -media to support their families?Recommend 2 creative directions to make you quickly make money
- [Wide -loved cross -border selection material] Sunflower pattern full of warmth and fresh vitality
- 900 days of survival of practitioners from the country: selling houses, fortune tellers, and making emotions
- The official announcement of the Chinese Academy of Sciences!Foreign media: ASML "show good" is useless
- [News Weekly] Paying the giant?
- Daily copywriting of friends
- Musk revealed that he was unique to 5%of the "robot", which was warned that he was leaked, causing criticism of experts!
- Hold the chassis!To realize the dual -screen office dream to buy another display screen is enough
- Essentials for water treatment practitioners: 20 different resins use full analysis
- Computer configuration purchase guide in May 2022: 1300-8000 price DIY assembly machine solution
- Whether the welding seam of the water pipe flexible waterproof sleeve is standard